Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 22:43

"Good to see you're still alive."
Akira smiled at Hina. "Had you really expected anything different? I'm stubborn as a mule, I won't go out so easily." She flashed her a cocky grin, though it quickly molded back in the small smile. "And congrats on having made it. Not that I'm surprised."

She nodded as Hiten spoke, agreeing with his words. She'd just gotten a preview of what was in store for them. Lots of people out to get them. Well, let them come. They could have some right back at them.

When Kazenkou responded to Hiten she referred to her as Akira-chan and her head made a slight jerk towards the young woman as she wanted to make a quick retort, but she decided not to. For now, at least. Kazenkou didn't mean any harm with it. Some other time perhaps, for now she felt too tired to get worked up.

"I'll be able to participate in the survival exercise right?" she asked Kazenkou and hoped for the best. She wouldn't want to miss it for the world. They were finally a team, and not just that. They were a four man team! The impossible made possible.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 4:44

Hina smiled. Glad to see that Akira hadn't lost any of her cockiness. And what Hiten said. She thought about it for a minute. Yeah. They would have to be very much on their guards. Even today, as Kazenkou said. One thing made her wonder though,
"Kazenkou..sensei," she tested the suffix on her lips. "Why don't all the villages have a survival exercise? Isn't surviving a very vital part of being a shinobi?"

She was however very glad that Kazenkou would talk to Gaara. It felt comforting to know that someone would try and stop this. Whatever 'this' was. She really wanted to talk to her own father as well, but he was currently off on a mission. She hoped he would be home soon. Luckily her mother was home, she could talk to her about everything that had happened today.

She got pulled out of her thoughts by Akira asking if she would be able to participate in the next test. Hina looked hopeful towards Kazenkou as well. Akira just had to participate! Hina wasn't even sure if she would be able to pass if she didn't participate. She probably could. Unless people like Souran wanted to bitch about it.

"By the way, Kazenkou-sensei," she asked, "Will the survival test be in teams or will we have to survive individually?" She didn't doubt that she'd be able to survive on her own, but it would be more fun in a team. Plus, the teams had already been announced, so people would probably seek each other out anyway. And there was the added bonus of people getting a feel of their team mates as early on as possible. They were a special case where they already knew each other very well from before they were a team, but it wasn't uncommon for people to be put in a team with other people they hadn't even ever spoken to, even though they had all been classmates for years. It happened.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 5:33

Kazenkou sighed a little worried and uncertain at Akira's question as she looked over the girl once more.
"I think you might be, if you're willing to go into it with an injury. But it all depends at how they fix you up and how well you rest during today and the coming night. It might worsen and then I will sadly not be allowed to let you participate." She sighed again looking down a bit disappointed, clearly disliking being the one to bring about potentially bad news. But then she would force herself to smile and chuckle a bit uncomfortably trying to cheer Akira a bit still. " But I am sure you'll be fine and ready to go come tomorrow morning so dontcha worry." She closed her eyes and nodded smiling widely.

Kazenkou then shrugged at Hina's first question.
"Heck if I know. Konoha used to be the first village to give those kind of excersises, but now they rather have each appointed Jounin decide what their excersise will be and it's supposed to be for the Jounin to check the skills of the aspirant Genin and to teach them about teamwork. Sunagakure has kept using the original form of the survival excersise since the very beginning. Field survival. "

she nodded the she nodded again to the next question with a hum.
"Uh-huh! Teams."
Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 6:15

Akira frowned as she heard the news. "Lots of rest, huh. And even then..." It sucked that she didn't know whether she was going to participate. "Well, they'd better fix me up good at the hospital. I'm good at survival... and besides, will I even be able to actually pass the graduation exam if I don't participate? I think I do not."
She huffed, flicking a couple of stray black hairs out of her face with the hand on her good arm. "Not doing the field survival is not an option."
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 9:08

Hina didn't like the news about Akira maybe not being able to participate either. And apparently Akira was wondering if she would be able to pass as well. Though apparently she was a bit more pessimistic about it. "Maybe you could get a different kind of survival test once you're healed again?" she put forward.
"But, you know what! I have a great idea! We're going to have a slumber party." She looked around. "All four of us." She looked slightly sheepishly at Kazenkou. "No offense, Kazenkou-sensei. I'm sure you'll understand." She looked at the others again, with a smile on her face. "We could sleep over at my place. I'm sure mom won't mind and there's plenty of room. We will go to bed early and keep an eye out for you. For each other, simply." She gave a wicked grin at her next words. "Nobody messes with our team." The grin and words held a promise. A promise of pain to everyone who would try. Though, let's be honest, it would've been a lot more threatening had she not been a fresh genin. But, hey, she would also get up there with her power, some day. And Hina was sure that as a team, they could give people all sorts of hell. "So," she went back to her normal smile, "Good idea?"
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 10:07

Akira pressed her lips together in a thin line. "I'd love a slumber party... and to be honest I'd like the idea of staying the night someplace... safe." She looked at Meran's older sister then. "I don't wish to offend... but anyone can walk in and out of the hospital, especially higher ranked officials and jounin..." Like that cretin Souran...
What if he came back to finish what he'd started? He'd been out to lethally wound her, that fucker hadn't held back. She doubted hospital walls would keep him out. But how to put it politely...
"I just think it would be nice if I could spend the night recovering somewhere... near some strong Kazekage sympathizers?" Was that worded good enough to get the message across? The strongest shinobi in the village was Gaara, and seeing that Kankuro was Gaara's brother, spending the night at Hina's place was second best. She'd definitely feel safer there than she would in a hospital room, alone.

She shrugged, winced as she felt her shoulder protest, and smiled awkwardly. "Just putting it out there..." And then, after a quick thought: "I do realize I'll need to be under surveillance of medics though... Do you think I'll be safe in the hospital, Kazenkou-sensei?" Better get used to that honorific behind her name.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug - 6:33

Kazenkou sighed lowering her shoulder as she heard the girls speak.
"I don't believe they'd go that far, however they do seem to have taken up rather extreme measures of approach lately, so we can't rule it out that they'd stoop so low as to attack or otherwise harm one of their own that is hospitalized. It's still a possibility."
She said pondering as she sighed again deeper and with more concern now as her eyes were going from spot to spot her mind racing.
"But without the needed medical care and just a simple sleepover I'm afraid Akira won't be in the condition to participate tomorrow, making that option kind of a tricky one to take."

She would place her index finger to her lips and look up at the clear sky humming to herself a bit as she thought of a way to act.
"How about this for now, you guys go with Akira to the hospital and keep an eye on her for now. I shall go speak with Father and see what can be done to solve this whole mess. Just make sure you'll be alright until I get back."
The Jounin sighed and then as she passed would ruffle Meran's hair.
"That's mostly to you notepad-san! If anything goes wrong I'll be blaming you the most." She said with a teasing chuckle as she would then proceed to walk towards the Kazekage Tower.

The medical nin holding Akira's stretcher on wheels would then look a bit worried also having overheard a bit of the conversation obviously.
"Don't you guys worry, we'll stick close as well and make sure you'll all be alright. Now shall we get moving?" One of them would ask the 4.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug - 2:13

Hina was glad that Kazenkou seemed to be taking them seriously, and was even contributing with her own ideas as well. It felt good not to be talked to like they were little children. For, even though they were children, they were shinobi! Shinobi-Hina couldn't help but snigger at the "notepad-san" though.

She nodded at Kazenkou's words and said, "That sounds like a good idea, Kazenkou-sensei. We'll go with Akira to the hospital and stay with her there." Everything was going to be fine. Kazenkou was right, nobody would probably try to hurt Akira or one of the others. However, could you blame them for being paranoid? Shinobi were practically trained to be paranoid, and this particular group could relatively easy get caught up in political crap.

When the medic nin asked them if they were ready to get a move on she simply nodded and followed along when they would start moving, staying as close to Akira's stretcher as she could with the four medic nin surrounding it. Seeing the medical nin reminded her of her own ambitions in learning some medical jutsu. 'Perhaps I should undertake some more action in that department.' she thought. Because, just look at the situation at hand. What would they have done if they had been out in the field on a mission? There were no hospitals out there.
Back to top Go down
Meran

Meran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug - 21:53

"Ahhww... you have gone way passed my RP moment during my absence. Sad Even to the point that Kazenkou is gone. Sad This could have been great RP between Kazenkou and me, but now I can only react after the facts... Sad"
Back to top Go down
Meran

Meran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug - 4:32

As the group had a fun little chat with Kazenkou, Meran just stood in a corner, his fists clenched with fury, how could the three be so comfortable with her, had he not complained enough about her in the past to get them to know that he was far from happy with her as their sensei.
Even Souran would have been better! No, he would not go that far, but he could not see why Ranmaru couldn't be the one or even someone who was not at the testing!

Off course Meran knew and that is why he gritted his teeth. Kazenkou was the only one that his father could trust, the only one he'd leave his son and niece in the care of. They were his cards in the big game of houses and he needed to protect them. And who better to take care of them besides the precious Kazenkou...

Time slipped on by, but Meran's anger did not wane, all he knew was that they four were still in trouble and the future would not get any brighter for them. As Kazenkou ruffles Meran's hair, he would huff in response to her remarks.

He would wait until she was out of earshot before turning towards his teammates and express his bottled up anger.

"How can you all be so happy with HER!" He said angrily, ignoring the medical shinobi. "The only reason we should be happy is that she is the least likely option that would hurt us! She gives me the blame of everything, is daddy's favorite and worst of all, if she could live in Konoha, she would! She is probably jealous of Temari for living there most of the time! And the way she used to talk about her fight with that wolf guy, you'd think she'd marry him given the chance! Come on guys! How can you be happy, she'll make my life a living hell!"

Meran was far from happy and anyone of them could see he was more upset with this news, than he had been for a long while. His sand moved irritatingly through the air, mirroring his feelings, like it also had emotions bottled up, it could not express.

Back to top Go down
Hiten

Hiten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 5:04

Hiten looked at Meran when he started to share his frustations and shrugged. "Meran.. It's only temporary and she could teach us. Also we should take our advantage of this situation and use the situation to become stronger."

He turned around and pointed to the walls around the village.
"The day we leave the safe borders of the village shall be a day for the rest of the world to remember. And the day that we can prove that Sunagakure belongs on top. It's gonna be hard. But I know we as a team will be able to do it."
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 9:08

Relief washed over her as she heard her friends and teammates would be accompanying her to the hospital. She flashed them all a smile, glad she wouldn't be alone.

"Don't you guys worry, we'll stick close as well and make sure you'll all be alright. Now shall we get moving?"
She nodded to the medic who had spoken. "Yes, let's." She felt drained, the battle and her injuries having swallowed most of her energy. All she wanted for the moment was some quiet and an opportunity to rest.

That's when Meran voiced his frustration. "...Come on guys! How can you be happy, she'll make my life a living hell!"

Anger bubbled up again, both at being denied her quiet and rest, and at his outburst that seemed absolutely unjustified to her at the moment. She was lying down on the stretcher but was immensely tempted to get up and get over to the redhead to hit him.
She didn't, of course. But she hoisted herself up a little, using her good arm, and her cold grey eyes glimmered irately as they turned on him. "What are you moaning about? If it wasn't for her I would have died just now! While you were celebrating your victory she protected me! So sorry for not joining your pity party, Meran."

The moment the words had left her mouth she knew they'd been cutting. Too sharp, perhaps. She looked away briefly, clenching her jaws shut and listened to Hiten as he spoke to Meran. He was much calmer than she was. That was good. Probably better than her reaction.

Her tongue was quick as a whip, sharp as a knife. They knew how she was.

Still, as she calmed down, she started to regret her initial reaction. Meran wasn't fond of his sister, she knew that. He had talked long and often about how she was his father's favorite, how she loved those rainbow eating peace loving hippies from Konoha, and how she got him punished for things that weren't his fault. It seemed she just liked getting on his bad side and he resented her for that.

So when Hiten was finished, she faced Meran again, voice milder this time. "Hiten's right, you know. She's strong, we can learn from her." She sighed, thinking how difficult it must be for Meran to accept what had happened mere moments ago. But she was realistic and she wanted him to see that too. "Look Meran, she won't define our team and she won't get between our friendship. And after what happened today, please realize that she's not against us. God knows she's already proven it to me. Don't resent me for not rejecting her.
Please don't be like that.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 2:38

Hina's smile froze on her face at Meran's outburst. Shit. She'd totally forgotten about that. Memories of her and Meran being blamed for one of their innocent little jokes by Kazenkou flashed before her eyes. 'Our pranking days are over.' she thought, dramatically. And she almost felt guilty for being so happy about being put in a team with Kazenkou. She didn't have any siblings, and sometimes it felt like she was missing something, but if she looked at the relationship between Meran and Kazenkou maybe it wasn't too bad to be an only child. She felt much happier "picking her own siblings", like Akira, Hiten and Meran. She could choose the people she wanted to have her back.

Listening to the words Hiten and Akira spoke she realised she had nothing to feel bad about. Meran must realise that Kazenkou clearly was one of the better (if not, the best) choice for them. She wasn't shocked at Akira's sharp words. Akira was known for being harsh at times. For reasons they knew. It was just the way she was. And she was right. Meran would just have to suck it up.

She didn't really have anything to add and just made agreeing "mhm"-sounds with the others.
Back to top Go down
Meran

Meran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 6:38

A hurt look appeared on Meran's face as Akira snapped at him. As if he would not have helped her if he had known about the fight! He would have been right next to her, if this had been a team fight. But he had not known that she was in trouble, had not known that she had need of saving.

"That is low Akira!" Meran said with a sad tone, the anger disappearing. "You know that any one of us, would have helped you if we'd know about it. And you should know that we'd be cheering you guys on from out here, instead of celebrating our own success. Yes, I am happy to get to the next round, but only because you guys are as well. That hit was way below the belt."

Meran turned around saddened for the lack of support from his teammates, was this their life now? Pawns in the big game, having to be glad of the small mercies?

His shoulders slumbed as he looked up at the terrace his father stood not all that long ago. He wanted to know how his son was doing? Or how his son would handle the news of being tied even closer to his sister. Gaara knew the two could not get along, even though the two were similar, was this his punishment? Or his duty?

He felt hurt by the lack of support, he would have figured that at least Hina would have supported him, but she just remained quite quiet at the side lines.
"I could never resent you Akira, but I cannot be happy with her as our Sensei. I am sure she could teach us plenty, in between her photoshoots and besides the ettiquette lessons on how we should behave."

Suddenly Meran would turn around fire in his eyes. "So be it, if you guys accept her, then I must as well, but I will not pose for some Magazine and I will not stop pranking!! In fact, I think I have a new target." Meran's playful grinn reappears, seemingly excited to get his sister with one of his pranks. She'd be sorry she got assigned to this team... Surely she would!

"I'll show her protection! She'll be mad at her sand for not protecting her as well as I will protect Akira! Let's go!" And Meran started to walk towards the hospital as if it was not him, holding them up. Grin on his face, that his teammates would know he was up to his usual tricks.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 9:51

"That hit was way below the belt."

"So maybe you weren't celebrating, fine. Point is she protected me," she bit back at him.
Low? She'd been low? The fact he hadn't been there wasn't the point! She'd said it out of anger and to spite him--which obviously worked, but now he was trying to send her on a guilt trip. No luck shoving that down her throat though, it would only make her nastier.

The point was that Kazenkou had protected her when it counted, and no amount of his upset would change that.

"I could never resent you Akira, but I cannot be happy with her as our Sensei. I am sure she could teach us plenty, in between her photoshoots and besides the ettiquette lessons on how we should behave."
She almost smirked at his attempt at humor, had she been in the mood for it. "Ugh, I can't imagine it'll be like that."

However, Meran abruptly made a 360 and proclaimed that if they accepted Kazenkou, then he must as well. "But I will not pose for some Magazine and I will not stop pranking! In fact, I think I have a new target."

Akira raised her eyebrows. Well, that was sudden. "Do whatever you want, I won't stop you." And Hina would likely ally up with him, too. Not that she felt bad for Kazenkou. She was a grown woman, she could handle herself.

He got her thinking though. Would Kazenkou force them to pose for the media?

Or worse, would the media find them first?

Funny, she'd never even given this a thought. She imagined herself on a cover spread, looking like Kazenkou in the latest issue of Hot Sand Diamonds. Before a light blush appeared on her pale cheeks she quickly shut her eyes and shook her head to herself. Never, not at something like this. The absurdity of it all. "And I won't lend myself for a bikini-shoot either."

With a huff she lay back down on the stretcher, choosing to ignore Meran's last words. It was something about Kazenkou and sand not protecting her like Meran would protect her...
Dear lord, was it that time again. Always Meran with the flirts. When would he ever stop that.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 10:31

Hina listened to her friends, well, she didn't want to call it "fighting", but they surely weren't agreeing. "So maybe you weren't celebrating, fine. Point is she protected me."
"We know that she protected you, Akira, and we are all grateful to her. But I know you understand Meran's point as well. Whe couldn't see anything of what was going on in there. As soon as we saw you were seriously hurt we were at the door almost instantly. What's more, we were worried even before you were hurt. Mainly because Guuzou's a jackass." She muttered the last part.

At the words "etiquette lessons" Hina got mixed emotions. She didn't particularly like "her own" etiquette lessons, that her parents would give her, but she knew it was her duty. However, she knew Meran's opinion of them all too well. Oh, how many times she had heard him laugh at her and mockingly imitate her mother with a "Sit up straight, Hina-chan!" She almost, almost hoped that Kazenkou would give them lessons in etiquette. Just to see Meran's face. A wicked smirk appeared on her face. Yes, that would totally be worth it. Perhaps she should.. suggest this idea to Kazenkou.

Hina ran to catch up with Meran and walked by his side. "You, Meran, look like a man with a plan. Care to share?" It seemed like he was over the Kazenkou-sensei-part.

"And I won't lend myself for a bikini-shoot either." Hina turned around to fix her look on Akira, wicked smirk growing into a wicked smile. "Awh, but Akira-chan," she said with fake disappointment and knowing full well the suffix would irritate her "I was hoping we could go for a double bikini-photoshoot." She turned to look back at Meran. Hoping for an amusing reaction at the mention of Akira in a bikini. Now that everybody was out of immediate life danger she easily went back to joking around.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 5:10

The joking around wouldn't have much time to last however sadly for the team as when they would enter the long straight street towards the hospital of Sunagakure one of the medics rolling the bed would sigh and lower his head "Ohw boy. I was hoping they wouldn't be there."
He groaned out displeased as he nodded forward towards the hospital gate where several camera crews were stationed 4 to be exact each with a commentator that held a mic handy to ask questions. Luckily they were still too far away.
"Well, same here, sorry kids. But it seems like news is slow this week either due to the weather or lack of interesting politics." The other medic would say annoyed.
The woman medic who was still from time to time performing her iryo-ninjutsu on Akira's hand would stop the one she was currently performing and sigh.
"Damn the media. What are they even good for? And wasn't this supposed to be like...a Hidden Village, huh? Why did the Daimyou ever impose a transparency media law on shinobi anyway? It was a whole international wave of it too...darn! If only there was some way around them." She would complain clenching her fist.

even though they were still a good 250 meters away from the hospital gate and the media they seemed to have already been spotted as the camera crews looked at them with excited and hopeful eyes.
Back to top Go down
Hiten

Hiten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 9:14

Hiten smirked as they slowly walked towards the hospital. "Double bikini shoot? What about Meran and me?... We would look fabulous in bikini... C'mon how cool would that be?" The boy had a big grin on his face and had an absent yet dreamy look in his eyes.

When the group neared the Hospital and spotted the journalists he sighed and the smile melted away from his face. "We could use the mist to make camera's useless, And maybe Meran knows a trick or two to make the journalists even more useless than they already are... This however requires timing but... I could make it appear slow... Your call guys."
He looked at Meran and Hina and smiled, knowing full well what could and would happen.
Back to top Go down
Meran

Meran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 10:07

The big grin on Meran's face did not falter and seemed to get a bit brighter of the thought of Akira in bikini and he laughed out loud when Hiten wanted himself and Meran to join in the shoot. "I am afraid the girls have an unfair advantage over us, Hiten. "
He was glad that Hina did show some support, but he intended to forget the whole Kazenkou Sensei, that is, until he HAD to think about her, that did not stop him from planning something though.

Just when Meran was walking over to Hina to whisper a plan in her ear, the press came into view. "Looks like we have company...." He heard about the action Hiten wanted to take and his knowing smile made the grinn reappear. "Nice camera's they have there.... It would be a SHAAAAMMMEEEE if something were to happen to them.." Meran winked at Hina. Would she behave like Ettiquette required of her, or would she help protect the privacy of their friend?

Meran quickly analyzed the situation. Looking at the skill level of the journalists, if they seem too focused to notice stealthy movement around them. He also checked whether he himself was stealthy enough to pull the maneuver off. (Skill check: Investigation, Stealth, Saton)

His plan was to either disable the camera's or remove the tapes/film from them, ruining them latter.
He was not too comfortable with camera technology, but he knew that the information was stored on either a roll of film or a tape. So he would aim to ruin that stealthily with his sand, either inside or outside the camera. Preferably outside of the camera's.

Should all else fail, sand inside a camera can never be good, though it would be more drastic.
"Guys, I'll take care of the camera's, can you guys get their attention? Perhaps that bikini shoot or something." He winked at Hina, knowing full well that she and Hiten would make sure to get the attention from the media.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 10:58

The medical lady smiled and let out an intrigued little chuckle glancing to Hiten as he made his propositions.
"Mist, huh? I assume you mean Kirigakure no Jutsu? That is an interesting approach to the problem indeed, we could even combine fogs, if you know what I mean."

She said now grinning in a bit of excitement.

One of the medics however sighed and looked less exited and more pained as he rubbed the back of his head looking at the situation at hand with a displeased face and great reluctance to face it.
"Yes, all fine and dandy. But how do you suppose we should pass by them without being seen, while rolling up a person in a stretcher and all. Your friend here laying down can't exactly sneak. Also breaking their camera's they might find proof we did it and then place a lawsuit on the Village." He would groan displeased. "So don't get too exited either, Yuuyou-chan." He nodded to his female comrade with a bit of an apology in the bow movement for the potentially disappointing news.

"Yeah!" The other male medical nin seemed to agree speaking out his exclaimed agreement together with a deep ironic sigh, he too obviously didn't like the situation and thought it sucked, especially for the Academy students, but he unlike his companion didn't seem reluctant at all to face it head-on if needed, hands at his sides and a confident smirk on his face.
"Fushou-kun is right, It's not like they're going to let us just pass simply because their camera's are out of order. Heck it wouldn't surprise me that if we did that they'd just send another few dozen of those camera crews INTO the building itself." He pulled a sour face at the last thought and half whispered to himself. "Please no.." It seemed as a medical nin he had his fair share of negative experiences with media people in a hospital.

The medical woman would growl a bit clenching her fists.
"Fushou-kun! Ichiro-kun! What the hell is wrong with you guys today? You are no fun!" She huffed and folded her arms.
"So what? We just give up and face the music?"

[The Journalists were still a good deal away and didn't seem to want to approach them as they figured the position at the gates would make them unpassable either way so they just stood there waiting.
They were all of average civilian level when it came to their perceptive abilities it seemed.

However, Meran would likewise notice that although his basic logic told him that a camera records imagery, stores it on a disk or tape of sorts and that the image is recorded through the lens but his lack of knowledge on modern technology (Computer skill : 0 (untrained,unlearned) , -3 penalty) he didn't know jack about these cameras operated at all, not in the slightest, where the tape would be stored, how it goes on and off, let along the zoom functions or anything else. Worst of all, unlike with human opponents where Meran knew pretty well where and how to hit to make it hurt (Medicine : C ) with these camera's he'd have not a clue what would be destructive for them or where the weak spots would be, aside from off course the basic, smash, bash and flatten it off course.

Note; that while you OC might know that a camera can't handle sand going into it's circuits...Meran is a technological noob. Computer skill untrained. You don't know how an alarm clock works unless someone explains it. TV is easy enough but then he probably just knows how to zap, turn it on and off and that's it. maaaaaybe he even knows the volume button, but that's pushing it Wink ]
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 1:36

A quadruple bikini shoot, eh? Not a bad idea. Her eyes lit up when Meran was about to whisper his plan to her, when the journalists came into view and the mood in the entire group changed. From lighthearted to annoyed. "Nice camera's they have there.... It would be a SHAAAAMMMEEEE if something were to happen to them.." Her smile returned at his wink. "Very much a shame." she agreed.

She listened to the guys' plans. Sounded logical enough to her. Her eyes drifted over to Akira, still being fussed over by the medics. They wouldn't allow Akira to do anything. What's more, if they wanted to do something about the journalists, they would have to do so quickly, before they were stopped by the adults. However, she was surprised when all the medics were irritated as well and one of them even wanted to deal with the journalists alongside them. 'Mist?' she thought, the cogs in her head turning at what this meant. But she decided she would store that bit of information for later and deal with the situation at hand.

"Don't worry, miss," she said with a polite tone but mischievous glint in her eyes, "We won't give up." She looked at the cameras and surrounding, trying to find something she could use. She needed a good way to distract and maybe even stop the journalists while staying as innocent looking as possible. 'Don't forget you're a clan heir, Hina. You can't go around doing whatever you want just because you feel like it.' The words she had heard so often. However. If she had to choose between protecting her friend's privacy or upholding the clan honour. She.. would probably want to do both. She gave a small sigh at feeling so conflicted. It wasn't a new feeling, but she sometimes wished life would just be simple and let her do whatever she wanted to.

"Anyway, I guess our start would be a nice mist cover. And then someone to cover for Meran and I. Henged clones perhaps? I can't distract them from here. Thoughts?" She would look at Meran, Hiten and even the medical woman, apparently named Yuuyou, asking with her eyes if they thought this was a good plan and if they had more ideas themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 8:10

Akira rolled her eyes when she heard her friends go on and on about the bikini photo shoot, though admittedly... she nearly had to laugh at some comments.

The moment the camera crew came in sight, Akira felt her spirits drop in dismay.

Oh god no.

Was this her fault for tempting fate? She's been thinking about how awful it would be if the media found them first only moments ago. God fucking dammit.

Since she was already lying down on the stretcher she allowed herself a moment to recuperate and recapitulate. The female medic had stopped tending to her, and with the cooling sensation of the healing technique gone she felt the full heat of the sun blasting down on her body, heating her up, making her feel even more tired than before.

She had no, absolutely no time for playing pretend with some information hungry vultures. They'd only write down what they wanted to hear anyway. Besides, she could do without the cameras on her first day of getting her headband, her first day of being a genin, and oh yeah, first thing that happened was getting beat up by some crazed lunatic. Yes, she could definitely do without a screaming headline that would make her sound like some poor weakling.

Ugh, she felt a headache coming on.

"Yes. Mist. Sounds like a plan," she said after hearing the others talk. "I don't think any one of us is in the mood for some bullshit journalists, me least of all... So let's do our best to avoid them."
Back to top Go down
Meran

Meran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug - 10:41

[Admin, due to talks with you and Danny, I came to understand that Computer skill is in regards to anything with regards to computer technology, not technology in general. Seeing the level of technology in the verse, I figured that some things are still common knowledge and that Computer skills included things like automated locks, computers etc. In short everything with a circuit board inside.

I figured a character without Computer Skill would understand technology to a level I myself could as a five/six year old. Which is not too indept, but more than you are describing. As a six year old, i was would understand that when pictures were taken with an analog camera, they were stored on film/tape and when it became exposed to light, it would be bad. I did not understand why, but I knew, film + light = Bad. Just like I understood, Sand inside Camera = bad.

So I would ask you to consider doing one of two things:

Either take intelligence of a character in consideration and allow for at least some technological knowledge if the character is smart. (Not asking for a full understanding, this you know, but at least the knowledge a normal 6/7 year old would learn without having a huge interest in the subject.)

Or change the name of the skill to Technology instead of Computer Skill. Because Computer Skill refers to a certain kind of technology, not all encompassing.
(If it was named such, I would have allocated points to it Wink )
We are playing in a world with the technological advance of the current world had during Win 95.
So not everything was digital, So I assumed that our characters know at least more of the workings of things than nothing. Camera's (at least professional camera's) did not have circuits back then. ^^ But again, your choice, I do recommend to do either.

Also, please for future characters to be created, make sure the skills are described with what things they cover exactly. Because I have run into this problem multiple times before and with me others as well. Thanks for the understanding.

"I guess we need to solve this as adults right, Hina?" Meran sighed and visibly slumbed. Excitement fleeing a little, but as always, not for long, turning to his three compagnions and the medical shinobi he spoke somewhat rapidly, because they were getting closer.

"Well, if we cannot go around them or bash through them, we'll just have to part the ocean of media, to get to our promised land. I am sure that I could manage to push them aside without hurting them or damaging their equipment, however we would still need the mist and I will need Hina's help." He winked at Hina with a sly smile.

Hiten, could you work together with Yuuyou-San on a mist dense enough so it does not debilitate Hina and me too much? He smiled, trusting his friend to get the hiding part fixed. No need to think about that anymore. "Hina, I am going to use the sand they stand upon to trap and move them to the sides, can you please make sure that if they drop anything that you catch anything that falls?"
He knew that the two would know his plan now, Meran wanted to let the media sink away into the sand they were standing on, after which he wanted to move the sand in which they were trapped, to the side(like a conveyor-belt , opening a path through the middle, with Hiten covering them with mist and Hina making sure that the media do not destroy any of their own equipment by the surprise or by the gentle push aside that Meran planned on doing.

He was sure that his friends would protest if they did not like the plan, just like he thought that Akira would not mind sitting this one out either. He smiled at her, in part to check out how she was doing and in part to show her that her friends were trying to make her as comfortable as she could be.

He would also turn to the remaining two medical shinobi,
"I hope my plan is also more to your liking? I would certainly not mind suggestions or further tips. You are afterall all more experienced Shinobi as we are. I for one would not mind learning from you. Would you mind if I asked you some questions when we have Akira settled?" His Fingers ached for that book burning inside his pocket, but after his sister's comments, he tries not to think about the book, not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hiten

Hiten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Aug - 23:31

Hiten thrilled with the anticipation of the tricks that they would try to pull of and looked at his team.
"Sure thing Meran I'll fix the mist and I hope Yuuyou-san would be so kind to help." He looked at the nurse and then turned back to his team. "Also still looking forward to the clone trick.."

(Tiny reply.. My mind is occupied with the upcoming weekend and it is required to think up weird stuff for it..)
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Aug - 4:03

Hina gave Akira a sympathetic smile. She wouldn't want to be in her position either. So they would do anything they could to try and keep their friend's dignity and privacy intact.

She also smiled back at Meran's wink. "You can always count on my help, cousin. What's your plan and what do you need?" She listened to his plan. It seemed good enough. The mist would hinder the sight enough that the journalists probably couldn't get a good shot from afar, she assumed. His sand was a smart way to move them aside. She did however roll her eyes, but with a smile on her face, at Meran's question if he could ask the medic shinobi some things afterwards. 'Probably more info for his little book.' she thought. That boy and his gathering.

She quickly came up with the plan of having Chouchou catching fallen camera's and catching others with the chakra strings on her other hand. If she was able to control three puppets with two hands, then surely one puppet with one hand would be no problem. She also gauged the distance between them and the journalists.

"Sounds like a plan, guys," she said, small smirk playing on her face, "How about we get a move on? Though I can't be further away from them than about ten metres. That's pretty much my reach when controlling Chouchou." In the meantime she would mould chakra so she would have it ready for controlling her puppet and using chakra strings would she have to. (Moulding chakra with 4PEME causes her to have 25 Chakra Points in her Chakra Pool.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun   Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Those who look up to the Sun
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next