Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team #1 - A red dawn rises.

Go down 
+2
Uchiha Rikka
Blue Admin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blue Admin

Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun - 1:29

No genjutsu, when you touch it, you hear the almost inaudible whispers.
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun - 5:02

Nomaru was right, of course. She had merely tried to defend herself against Hasuki. Part of why he was still angry was because he was angry at himself for being so goddamn angry at someone who wasn't necessarily wrong. He was never going to give her that satisfaction though. He was just going to ignore her. She seemed to be ready to ignore them, so great. They could make it without her. Hehe, no you won't, you know that. Well, too bad. What's done is done, and now it was time to focus on their test. He was done with the drama, and if Nomaru was going to be a pouting brat, so be it.

Rikka started to say something about that rat he had missed. But if it was an animal, he could trace it. When Rikka asked him if he could trace the rat, he took a deep breath, and sniffed the air. Hasuki did the same.

(Tracking D rolls for both)
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun - 6:18

Nomaru kept sipping her Energy Drink, hoping on getting a sugar rush. She had no idea how much time had passed since her arrival, but she definitely screwed up. Rikka stood up for her, sort of. But not as much as she would have hoped from one of the crybabies. How could he be right at all?
His-fucking-dog-attacked-me! Nomaru grunted in her head, as she gave it a bit of thought: Inuzuka aren't necessarily overprotective about their dogs, but since this dog was probably his only chance of ever winning a fight he might need him. The girl looked up at the sky and she wondered if she had to feel guilty. She didn't. Nomaru took a hit from her cigarette and inhaled the smoke deeply. She did listen to what the two of them were discussing: Mask or rat.

Her mind went back to the evening before this whole fucking event. She had been at Chin's dad. They had Hotpot and sweet potato curry, which was always the best thing ever. Nomaru spent way too much time at Chin's dad, but fact was that when she still was with her friends they always were chilling at Chin's or Nomaru's. The only reason they went to Nabe was when his parents weren't around and Nomaru had only been to the Inuzuka compound twice in the three years she had known them. Mainly because Chin's parents were awesome and the parents of Yukari and Nabe always acted like moaning bitches.
'I have no clue who my team members are actually,' she had explained to the man on their way to the cats. 'I didn't pay attention...'
'Maybe you should have payed attention.' he said laughing with a cigarette in his hand. For some reason the man was growing his beard. It looked horrendous, but Nomaru didn't tell him this because she was actually happy he was around. 'Try being nice to the people in your team. You might like them if you give them a chance,' Chins dad had told her with a friendly smile. 'They can't be that bad.'
'As long as I'm not stuck with an Uchiha and a dog boy again I'll be fine I guess...' the girl grinned a bit sarcastically.

And here Nomaru is now, stuck with a dog boy and a girl who seemed worse than an Uchiha. But they weren't that bad and didn't really deserve the complete silent treatment. Nomaru realized that if she would help much with giving them the silent treatment: she still wanted to go home and hit her bed as soon as possible.
The girl threw her cigarette in the lake where it went out and walked up to the group, without saying a word she grabbed the mask and put it on, as she was intending to do before all the drama started. They didn't seem to be able to make a choice any time soon anyway - in her opinion that was.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 6 Jun - 21:21

As soon as Nomaru put on the mask, her vision of the world around her shifted drastically. She no longer saw through her own eyes. Instead, she could make out her own figure, holding the mask to her face. Rikka and Hakabakashii were there too, standing some ways off. Nomaru's vision was blurry though, she was seeing double. Or rather, triple. This triple sight made her rather nauseous.

The whispers got loud and clear the moment she put on the mask. Only Nomaru would be able to hear it clearly. The words were spoken in the androgynous voice that could be either male or female, just like the rat's voice had been. "Your assignment is simple," it began. "Show me your worth by finding the real me. Manage to surprise me, and you will pass. I must warn you though, I'm not impressed with all the drama so far." Nomaru would feel a firm but soft pressure on her shoulders, as if an invisible force was reprimanding her. Then the voice went on, revealing a secret and becoming a whole lot more personal. "I am the one with a Thousand faces. A smile is but a mask to the outside world and I have mastered all the masks. And I know when you put on a mask, little Nomaru-chan. I advise you to take it off..." The voice stopped there and no more words were spoken.

(Hakabakashii, Blue will make the rolls for you, please wait until he does)
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 6 Jun - 22:58

Haka smells several rats in several directions. Some close, most several meters away... Any in particular you want to chase.

(3 north, 2 north east, 4 west and 5 south)
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Jun - 10:54

(Awesome, what does Hasuki smell? Or was your post a combination of the two?)
(I'll delete this when answered)
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Jun - 12:53

combination of both you and Hasuki, or better, you smell the same thing
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 8 Jun - 23:57

Hakabakashii exhaled. Well, great, that didn't get us anywhere.
He turned to Rikka and stated: "Well, I can smell a total of 16 rats, and I have no idea which one could be it. Most of them are pretty close too, so it is entirely possible that the sensei's one isn't one of them. Who knows, maybe she cast some jutsu on it so I couldn't smell it. That makes sense, now that you think about it. It would be a little too easy otherwise, right?" He wanted to say more, but at that time Nomaru moved the mask to her face. Something told him this wouldn't be the best idea ever, so he reached out his hand and said "Wait-" but it was already too late. Nomaru put on the mask and just... stood there. Hakabakashii threw an uncomfortable glance Rikka's way, then looked back to Nomaru. It looked like she was listening to something, and he could remember the whispering voices coming from the mask. Seeing how Hasuki lost his mind over the thing from a distance, what the hell could the mask do to someone who wore it? Damn it, impulsive she-moron... Tentatively, he took a step forward. "Nomaru...?"
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun - 10:12

Nomaru immediately regretted putting on the mask. Her vision was blurred, it almost felt like she had way too much to drink and was actually glad for a moment she had put it on. The nauseous feeling, she was familiar with it, the other two morons probably never drank anything in their entire lives at all. She didn't like the feeling, not even when she decided herself to get pissed. It made her want to puke for a bit and she promised herself this: no puking this Genin exam.

The girl tried to ignore the feeling and closed her eyes, just focusing on the voice for now, sitting down.
"Your assignment is simple, show me your worth by finding the real me. Manage to surprise me, and you will pass. I must warn you though, I'm not impressed with all the drama so far."
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Move the fuck on. Get to the point." Nomaru spoke to herself.
"I am the one with a Thousand faces. A smile is but a mask to the outside world and I have mastered all the masks. And I know when you put on a mask, little Nomaru-chan. I advise you to take it off..."
"Well... I just literally put on the fucking mask. Your ability to observe astounds me!" Nomaru raised an eyebrow and laughed a bit sarcastically. She had no intention of sharing whatever she just heard, the part about her at least. She didn't quite get it - or rather, she didn't quite want to get it - either."It seems like we have to figure our who the fuck our Sensei is... Like we didn't know that already. It calls him or herself the one with a thousand faces, or something?"

It was surprisingly how Nomaru was able to act like nothing happened at all. She stood up and opened her eyes again for a bit. "I have the feeling I'm not looking through my own eyes with this bloody thing on. I'm seeing triple or something? It's weird man." Saying that Nomaru tried to get the mask off her face.
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Rikka

Uchiha Rikka

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun - 11:02

Hakabakashii started on explaining about the rats. Sixteen total? That was quite a lot. What were they supposed to do, track each and every one of them down? But Hakabakashii's thought on the real rat perhaps being hidden made sense to her. She had some experience in tracking, though she doubted she had the experience or the skill Hakabakashii and Hasuki together had.

"Wait-" He stretched his hand out to something behind her. Nomaru! She twisted around on the spot and was just in time to see the girl put on the strange mask. It was like everyone froze. Until the slightly muffled voice of Nomaru spoke through the mask. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Move the fuck on. Get to the point." Was she.. was she hearing voices..? Did that mask invoke some sort of insanity?
"Nomaru...?"
"Well... I just literally put on the fucking mask. Your ability to observe astounds me!"

"Perhaps.. you should take off that mask, Nomaru-san." She tried, tentatively.
"It seems like we have to figure our who the fuck our Sensei is... Like we didn't know that already. It calls him or herself the one with a thousand faces, or something?"
Rikka relaxed a bit. Apparently their sensei was talking to them via the mask. She felt like slapping herself over the head. Of course it wasn't anything dangerous! This was just their test, not a real mission! They would never be put in any actual harm's way. But sometimes, she just got carried away.

Now, what had Nomaru said.. "The one with the thousand faces?" Her tone was contemplative. Had she ever heard of someone like that? (Roll: Politics D, Investigation D, Academics D (if she's read something in a book or scroll somewhere).) She looked at Hakabakashii. "Have you ever heard of someone like that?" She didn't think Nomaru had, judging by the way she had spoken.

"I have the feeling I'm not looking through my own eyes with this bloody thing on. I'm seeing triple or something? It's weird man."
She wanted to say, "Well, then take it off." But somewhere along the journey from her larynx to her mouth the words had transformed into, "Can I try?" It clearly wasn't dangerous, and she was very curious.
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun - 22:50

Apparently, nothing was wrong. Seriously? That was what all the fuss was about? A simple communication device or whatever? Here he thought the thing was cursed or would suck your face off or whatever, and it was just a riddle in a mask-shaped box. Slightly... underwelming...? Anyhow, it seemed highly unlikely that the voice in the mask (he just assumed it was the sensei's) was having a real conversation with Nomaru, since Nomaru's comments resembled someone becoming increasingly annoyed at a lengthy voicemail from a retard uncle, instead of a real dialogue. He wondered what the voice had said. He'd have to put on the mask later, too, see if it gave them anything.

"It seems like we have to figure our who the fuck our Sensei is... Like we didn't know that already. It calls him or herself the one with a thousand faces, or something?" Wow... So much detail... No way was that all the voice had said; she was standing there for just under half a minute. "Your ability to convey specific instructions is moving." Hakabakashii replied sarcastically. "Did the voice say anything else?" Next to him, Rikka was contemplating about the meaning of the thousand faces. Have I heard that somewhere before...? The second he thought it, Rikka said it. "Hmmm... let me think about it." (Investigation C, Academics C, Politics E) While he was thinking about it, lightly petting Hasuki to help himself focus, Rikka expressed interest in putting the mask on herself. "Me next!" he said, facing them briefly, then resumed his thinking. Thousand faces, thousand faces...
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 3:33

'Fuck you Dogboy,' was the first thing Nomaru said when she put off the mask. She didn't seem angry, she was grinning a little bit. Nomaru loved this kind of interaction for some reason. Apart from the boys tantrum he didn't seem too bad anymore, for now. She would still kick him or his dog if they even touched her. 'The voice only said it had mastered all the masks, oh and something about it "not being impressed with our drama" and what I told you before, if you insist I could repeat it?' Nomaru sighed, still smiling and looked at Rikka, who seemed eager to put on the mask.

'I don't know if you kids ever got drunk before, but that's the feeling I had when I put on the mask. I got a bit nauseous and all woozy, if that makes sense. A bit drugged out with a taste of hangover and lack of sleep... It was the weirdest sensation.' Nomaru said this as if she was an expert - which she actually was, compared to them. She looked at the mask and passed it on to Rikka. 'Here. Try not to puke and close your eyes if it all gets too bad.'

As soon as Rikka took the mask from her hands, Nomaru gave the Thousand Faces a good thought. She didn't think about it before, but she might have read something about it somewhere, some time? Maybe? At the same time she was wondering about how long they had been there to begin with. It felt like two hours, but was probably less. The girl sat down again and grabbed another cigarette, looking up at the sky.

Academics C, Politics E, Investigation C. What does she know about the one with Thousand Faces?
Also: She wants to know how much time has passed. What time is it now?
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Rikka

Uchiha Rikka

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 10:49

Rikka eagerly took the mask from the black-haired girl. She nodded to signify that she had heard her. She had never been drunk, of course. But she had been inside various genjutsu. Perhaps this experience would be something similar? She listened to Nomaru telling her to "close her eyes if it all gets too bad". She looked at the front and inside of the mask, curious to see if she could find anything that she hadn't noticed before. (If she doesn't notice anything additional like marks or symbols on the inside, since she already checked for genjutsu and stuff, nothing happens)

She gingerly, but with an excited grin, placed the mask against her face. As soon as the mask closed her off from the outside world it was as if she was lifted out of her body and hovering above herself. "Whoa!" She exclaimed. This vision was.. weird! She could see herself. 'Is that really what I look like from behind?' Her teenage-girl-brain took over as she observed her own body from an outside perspective. This was different from a mirror. This was not inverted, and this was her backside. It wasn't too bad, actually. Aside from that shock of radiant white hair on her head..

In the meantime a voice inside the mask had started speaking, "Your assignment is simple. Show me your worth by finding the real me. Manage to surprise me, and you will pass. I must warn you though, I'm not impressed with all the drama so far. I am the one with a Thousand faces. A smile is but a mask to the outside world and I have mastered all the masks."

She deduced that it hadn't given her any more information than she had gotten from Nomaru and then chose to wave her free arm around. She giggled as she saw her tripled-third-person-view arm wave up and down. "This is wicked sick." She grinned as she put her arm down. Her hidden grin intensified as she got an idea. 'I wonder what would happen if I just...' She wrapped her right leg around her left, touched her toe to the earth and spun around in a tight pirouette. After half a spin she figured out that this was, surprisingly enough, not the best idea. Due to the view being above and behind her she moved faster at the edge of the plane than at the center of the plane, where her view normally was when spinning in pirouettes. Add to this the fact that her view was tripled and, well, she got dizzy. Extremely dizzy. And nauseous. The fact that certain parts of her vision were starting to shake and suddenly her entire vision blacked out were not helping in the least bit either.

She ripped the mask from her face, staggered around and fell flat on her back. The world wasn't stopping moving! She closed her eyes and gripped at the grass underneath her, breathing heavily. The mask was lying limply in her outstretched hand. 'Calm your breathing,' she thought, forcing herself into a meditating breathing exercise. In through the mouth, out through the nose. She was dizzy, disoriented, and slightly nauseous. If this was what being drunk was like she would skip on that experience. At least for the next years or so.

"Hakabakashii-san," she said, still laying on her back with closed eyes as she stretched the arm with the mask out in front of her, "Your turn."

Last edited by Uchiha Rikka on Wed 11 Jun - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 11:21

Rikka's turn. When she put on the mask, she suddenly started flailing and moving. That's a dancer for you. He suddenly got very curious about the experience. What exactly did the mask do to the human psyche? "This is wicked sick." Okay, what? That didn't sound like Rikka? What exactly was the mask doing to her? Was it sucking out her soul, tearing up her personality, ripping apart her very being? You know, or not. Apparently, the mask just brought out her weird self, the side of Rikka he really liked. She tried to spin like a ballerina, then fell flat on her back. Hakabakashii felt a tang of empathy, the sort of feeling you get when a friend does something weird or stupid. It was actually quite cute. He walked over to Rikka, squatted down, and said, laughing: "Now who's a little doofus?" He took the mask from Rikka, but before putting it on, extended his other hand to her to help her up.

"Well, let's see what this thing's got in store for me eh?" He said, smiling and briefly raising his eyebrows. Slowly, he raised the mask to his face.
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 13:50

As Hakabakashi would put on the mask, he too would see the world as the two other's would see. He'd see himself looking back at him, but it was like he saw multiple versions of it, slightly different. The image was making the boy a bit sick, but it was not like he would throw up from it.

However, there was something strange about the whole experience. By putting on the mask, the boy would notice that his connection with Hasuki grew stronger as well, and he felt that the dog was confused. This had probably to do something with the genjutsu from earlier, however, it also seemed so that Hasuki experiences the same thing Haka sees, as if their visions were linked by their bond. Even though Hasuki was not wearing a mask.

Haka would also be addressed by the voice, repeating the instructions to him as well.

There was one final addition though. When he is about to remove the mask the genderless voice adds: "Most animals don't hide behind masks, humans almost always do.... You don't seem to have need of a mask. This is strange for someone your age.."
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 19:47

Whoa! As soon as he put on the mask, the entire world seemed to go haywire. It looked like one big illusion, but terrifyingly real. "Sweet mother of cornbread. This feels like that one time I scavenged the wrong mushrooms and they turned out to- nevermind. Weeeeeuuuuuuw." A wave of nausea washed over him. Not good. Definitely not good. Hakabakashii liked having control over his body and senses, and this mask was messing up both. "Oh man, this is weeeeeiiiiiiird..." Suddenly, he noticed that he wasn't the only one in the illusion. Next to him stood Hasuki, shivering (probably also nauseous) and looking around, clearly just as disoriented as he was. "Oh hey buddy." This is actually pretty cool. "Shared illusion. Sweeet." He fell silent for a moment when he noticed something about his dog. The connection they shared, their link, seemed to suddenly double in intensity. He experienced Hasuki with all his senses, smelling smells his dog had smelled, seeing memories his dog had seen, hearing sounds that normally only dogs could hear. Is this what it's like to be a dog? It felt so liberating, so animal-like, but also very primitive. Although he could sense that his dog was very clever, he was still an animal. He experienced the world in such a different way... Hakabakashii just stood there for a moment, marveling at it and taking it all in.

Then the voice spoke. "Uhuh, finding the real him/her/it... Suprise them?" That was a bit of new info. Not only did they have to find them, they had to surprise them as well. That sounded more tricky. Luckily, Hakabakashii's skills lay in the field of infiltration and stealth, so maybe this wouldn't be so hard. The voice continued. "Drama? Screw you man. Woman. Whatever. I live in Konoha, what else did you expect?" The next bit was the bit with the Thousand faces thing, and some pretentious comment about how we all wear masks or whatever. "Well, it seems I didn't really get any new info," he said, placing his fingers behind the mask, removing it from his face. "Just the same assi-" The voice continued. Quickly, he placed the mask back on his face and listened. "Most animals don't hide behind masks, humans almost always do.... You don't seem to have need of a mask. This is strange for someone your age.." What the hell? Hakabakashii just stood there for a length of time he couldn't quantify after. What did the voice mean? Animals don't hide behind masks, that's easy enough. They never hide their emotions, driven by basic instincts. They know their function in life, and aren't held back by silly conventions and secrets. But what did the voice mean about him not having a mask? It somehow sounded like a compliment or something, but he didn't get it. How could that be true? He had been wearing a giant mask for the past two years! If the sensei had known that... Well that would've been rather bad, wouldn't it? But somehow Hakabakashii didn't feel like this was the case. What on earth did the voice mean? Was it the key to a puzzle? Or was the shemale just messing with his mind?

He decided to ask the others. It wasn't like this was very personal information or anything, and he really wanted to understand. "Guys?" he asked, removing the mask from his face. He recited the last sentences the mask had uttered, adding: "Do any of you speak Cryptic?" For some reason, it seemed important to know the answer. He felt like it would teach him something about himself, something he might need later on. If you know your enemy and know yourself...
Back to top Go down
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 22:28

It was almost as if Nomaru was enjoying herself for a moment. It had been a long time since she actually acted like a teamplayer. However, she ended up facepalming big time when Rikka ran around the field like a big goofy moron. Wicked sick? Was that even an actual... Thing?
Nomaru tried to hide her smile, keeping herself busy with her cigarette. There was no way she would show herself to those people like that. As she lit the cigarette Rikka would attempt to do a crazy madwoman... dance? Nomaru just ended up smiling a bit, hiding her smile behind her hand, transforming her sudden laughter into a cough as Rikka jammed the mask off her face.

Nomaru wondered: when had the last time been she had acted like a childish moron? Did this Snow White even care what other people were thinking about her? Looking at her clothes, consisting of rainbowpuke and weird fabrics Nomaru wouldn't be surprised is she really didn't care.
When Hakabakashii put on the mask he was talking about some sort of shroom, one Nomaru was familiar with, but it made her have another cough-laugh. She wouldn't want to be seen with these people in public, ever. While Dog-boy was busyinside the mask, Nomaru kept wondering about the Thousand Faces. It didn't seem completely alien, she had read about it recently, but where?

Think Nomaru, goddamnit... Where did you read about that thousand faces guy? she seemed lost in her own head for a bit, trying to think of everything she had read the past few days. Newspaper, but which one? No, not that Samurai movie... I need to see that one when it comes out... Nomaru, focus! Nomaru took a hit from her cigarette and looked up at the sky. Thousand faces... Replaced by Samurai... The Demon with a Thousand Faces... Samurai... Fire Daimyo fires personal Shinobiguard... no! Nomaru felt stupid, she had re-read that article during her breakfast! Other than Konoha Daily being the worst newspaper in human history, could it be?

"No, I don't speak much cryptic, but has any of you read yesterdays Konoha Daily?" her voice, it almost was as if she was ashamed of the fact she was reading newspapers at all. She looked away from Hakabakashii and Rikka. "If not, let me give you a summary. The Fire Daimyo guy fired his personal shinobi guard. One of them was The Demon of a Thousand Faces. If that doesn't familiar you guys are retar- nevermind. If we assume it is the same guy he sure as hell isn't promoting..."
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Rikka

Uchiha Rikka

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 23:19

The doofus-comment didn't sting. She was acting like a doofus, really. And it wasn't a hurtful word either way. She looked over at Hakabakashii as he put on the mask. Apparently he seemed to recognise the feeling from.. mushrooms? And shared the view with Hasuki.

"Guys? Do any of you speak Cryptic?"
"Not really." She accepted Hakabakashii's hand to help her off of the ground and dusted off her clothes. "But apparently we have to find our sensei." Hmm.. the "real" sensei. There were some philosophical thoughts that could be applied there. Even if they found the actual physical form, had they found the "real" sensei? Did someone with a Thousand Faces even have a "real" face anymore? She just hoped for the sake of her sensei that they had not lost track of who they really were. It would be such a sad thing, to lose yourself.

"I think I skimmed the paper, yesterday." She told Nomaru. When Nomaru told her about the article where the Demon or a Thousand Faces had been fired, Rikka's eyes widened. "Do you.. really think that that person could become our sensei?" It seemed incredulous. The personal shinobi guard of the Daimyou, their sensei?! It's like Nomaru said, going from the such a high-esteemed job to being a genin-team sensei wasn't really a promotion, no. Dread filled her stomach. "How are we ever supposed to find such a highly skilled shinobi?" She thought about the rat that had run off earlier. She could still remember in what direction it had ran off. That would at least give them a start.
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 10:01

Apparently, no one seemed interested in what the mask had told him. That or they just didn't know what to do with it. He couldn't let it go though. What did his sensei know that he didn't? What!? He hated not knowing things, and he hated people knowing something about him that he didn't even less. He suddenly felt very uncomfortable, but tried to repress it best he could. No more drama. They had a test to finish. Best to focus on that. Meanwhile, Nomaru had been saying something about some newspaper, the one he never really read. Apparently it was important. "The Fire Daimyo guy fired his personal shinobi guard. One of them was The Demon of a Thousand Faces." Hakabakashii chuckled, half amused and half still nervous. "Heh. Cool. They're giving us the royal treatment." He was silent for a second, then added: "Damn, that sounded funnier in my head. Anyway, now that we know who that douche is, our next item on the to do list is to find him and surprise him. No big deal right?" He stared off, then added: "And apparently my senses are either blocked or no good against that... person." He threw off his bag and sat down. "The fact that he's super elite doesn't say much. We're still genin, and he can't just give us an impossible task. This is a test, not some insurmountable challenge." Wasn't there something he could smell? He tried to remember what the person looked like. Simple black outfit, no special items... They had nothing with them to begin with. Didn't they?

The mask! I'm such an idiot! Whatever the rat may or may not have been, and wherever the hell their sensei was, this mask was their only link to them. Dogs normally sniffed out people by a personal item, and this was as good as it got. He didn't even know what exactly he was smelling for before, but hopefully this would help. Obviously, trying to track down the sensei directly would lead nowhere. Hopefully, tracking them through this mask would at least give them something to go on. He looked down at the mask, then picked it up and sniffed it. He took a long whiff, searching for anything resembling this scent. (rolls for Hakabakashii: tracking D, investigation C, Subterfuge D (dunno). He is looking for scents similar to or associated with the mask. He hopes for a trail, a scent residue, anything.) He passed the mask on to his dog. "Hasuki?" (Same rolls.)
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun - 12:27

Hakabakashii and Hasuki would find a trail leading from their postion towards the entrance of the compound. The scent the strongest on top of the rock he was sitting on.

It was obvious that the trick used to disappear before them was one of high quality and high rank. Hasuki would however react differently once he got passed the mask and while sniffing the mask, would get the same urge as the trio had to put it on.

Once hasuki put on the mask though, Hakabakashi would notice that the effect of Hasuki wearing the mask was different. Not his sight was shared now, but instead a different sense. Once the dog wore the mask, all vision of the two went black. However, it only increased the focus on the other senses.

Nomaru and Rikka could see why, though they did not know Hakabakashi could not see anything. They certainly knew Hasuki would not. The mask being crafted for human use, could not exactly fit the dog. So, while the nose and ears were free, hasuki's eyes were blocked.

Hearing:
It was quiet... very quiet... Only the wind was blowing, but in the distance, they would be able to hear soft breathing, as if there was something hunting them, observing.

Smell;
The smell was strange, not as distinct as they normally experienced. Especially Hasuki would be bothered by this. Hakabakashi would notice that the scent he was smelling was definitely not his own nose smelling it. What he smelled was a faint trance of aloé vera;

Touch;
Cloth was touching his body, the wind was playing with it, it was loose fitting. It shook as the wind played with it... Hakabakashi might find it strange, but hasuki was completely surprised.

Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun - 21:05

Hasuki sniffed the mask. He sensed a trail, an almost physical manifestation of the sensei, curling through the air towards the entrance of the compound. "Okay, the sensei entered through the compound entrance..." The trail meandered to the rock they had met them on. "...and I get the highest sensation at the rock, probably because he spent a long time sitting and waiting there. Then it just... stops. Their disappearance actually smells like a disappearance as well..." He bowed down to his dog, letting him sniff the mask. Hasuki gently nudged the mask with his nose and made an upward tilting motion with his head, communicating a wish to put it on. Hakabakashii gently placed the mask on top of his head, balancing it between his snout and his ears. At that exact moment, his senses exploded, and he fell back on his ass. "What the fuck!?" He tried to look around, but could see nothing. "What the hell is happening, who blinded me!?" Then he noticed not only his vision was altered, his other senses as well. It felt like the shared illusion, but so much more concrete. "Wait a minute..." He had actually taken over his dog's senses. He stood up. "Heh. Cool."

He tried to take in how his dog's senses worked. It was so incredibly weird to experience the world through senses that were so much sharper than his. It completely changed the way he saw the world. Suddenly, there were sounds he had never heard, and scents he had never smelled. He could suddenly hear both Nomaru's and Rikka's shallow breathing, and could somehow feel how they felt. He could hear birds far, extremely far away from the compound, he could hear water running miles away, he could hear the wind blowing like someone was blowing straight into his ear... and he could hear soft breaths. He tilted his head, trying to find out where it came from, then discovered it was useless since it wasn't his senses picking up on it. He placed his fingertops on his dog's head and tilted it for him, probably looking halfway hilarious to the girls. Yes, definitely breathing. Someone was watching, waiting, judging. Okay, where is it coming from... He kept tilting Hasuki's head, trying to figure out what direction the breaths came from. (Tracking D, Investigation C for both) Then he focused on his nose, or rather, Hasuki's nose. With Hasuki's nose, it was clearer than ever that the scent was... off. It was like this person could somehow muddle his tracks, smelly-style. He smelled completely different than before though, and apart from the trail he had already smelled, a new smell washed up. Shampoo...? Aloë Vera. Great, now they had something to track him with later. They might even try to find Aloë Vera within the grounds, see if it wasn't a body odor, but something in his vicinity.

Then he moved on to the sense he found most puzzling; if he was sensing through Hasuki's senses, why in the living hell could he feel clothing? They weren't his own, since his fitted perfectly, as did Nomaru's and Rikka's. The only person who he could think of that wore loose fitting clothes that allowed for movement by the wind was... the sensei! It was obvious that Hasuki, who went about his life in furry nakedness, was unaccustomed to this feeling, and was trying to shake it off. Dogs weren't made to wear clothes. Okay, focus. He could obviously feel what the sensei felt (at least, that was a logical assumption at this point), so he retreated within his mind and blocked out everything else. He focused solely on his (or, their) touch. I can feel clothing. What more can I feel? What is he touching? Is he touching a branch, is he in a tree? Is he near water? Near the compound fence? From head to toe, he went over their entire body, trying to pick up anything the sensei was touching or was being touched by. (Investigation C, Empathy D?, Subterfuge D? for both))

With the mask still on his dog, he addressed the girls. "Okay, so, long story. I am currently hijacking Hasuki's senses, which is awesome. I can't see shit, cuz he can't see shit, but I did pick up on a lot of things with our senses combined. First, as I said, there is a trail running from this mask and the entrance of the training grounds to the rock, where it lingered for a while, and then completely vanished. Whatever jutsu or trick he was using, it was good. He beckoned them over, then motioned with his hand that they put their heads close to his face, and whispered: "Second, I can hear soft breathing coming from somewhere quite a distance away. He is on the grounds, watching and waiting. I'm still trying to figure out what exact direction it's coming from, so stand by." He moved back a little bit, but in still a low and soft voice continued: "Third... Okay this is gonna sound weird. Eh... I think I can feel what the sensei's feeling. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I can get from that, so I'll let you know when I do." Suddenly, he remembered something. "Oh!" Once again whispering: "And be on the lookout for the scent of Aloë Vera. When you do, let me know right away and I'll work some smelly magic. I have the feeling the sensei is either wearing something with the scent of Aloë Vera, or is near an Aloë Vera plant."

"So!" he said at a normal volume, with the mask still on his face. "We've got a couple of clues here, what do you want to do with it?"
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Rikka

Uchiha Rikka

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jun - 8:38

While Hakabakashii was enjoying himself with the mask she walked over to the rock where their sensei had been sitting. She wondered if she would be allowed to take the mask home with her, or if the sensei would want to get it back.. It would be an awesome game! Imagine playing tag with the tagger having to wear this mask!

She looked around the clearing while Hakabakashii was inspecting the mask and started swaying back and forth. Her hands itched towards the flute in her pocket, but no! Now was not the time to use that. She however couldn't stop the hum that started spilling from her lips. She needed to do something.

Still humming, she started tripping up to the rock where her sensei had been sitting. Swinging a little back and forth and to the sides to the tune that was still softly hummed. "Nomaru-san," she called, turning around while still swaying towards the rock to an inaudible beat. "Since that person, the Demon, if that is what they are, was sitting on this rock earlier. Perhaps there are some clues. Or perhaps we can find some trails on the rat with the satellite dish." She turned around again and finally started looking for clues around the rock. Especially trails after the rat, maybe something left behind by the Demon. (Animal Ken E, Subterfuge E, Investigation D, Survival? E, Tracking D)

When Hakabakashii finally dropped the mask and told them about how the scent of the sensei just had disappeared Rikka thought about time-space jutsu. Could it be that the sensei had teleported? (Time-Space/Jikukan 0, but Rikka is Jack-of-all-trades, does Sealing E have to do with this?)
"Hakabakashii-san, can either you or Hasuki sniff out the exact track from the rat that the person dropped here?" She pointed to the exact spot where she had seen the Demon put down the rat. It was difficult not knowing what to call the person. Was it a he or a she? Was it really the Demon of a Thousand Faces? Was it even their actual sensei? He, she, they, had said "who said I'm your sensei" after all.
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun - 5:23

Nomaru listened to the story, sipping from her energy drink bottle. She had a hard time focusing, since the adrenaline was slowly fading away, leaving her tired and a bit soggy. But so far so good. The dogboy however looked extremely retarded with no vision, he just seemed to... she just didn't have words for it and tried to keep herself from laughter.

'Koinu, how the fuck does Aloe Vera smell?' Nomaru just raised an eyebrow and took another sip from her can. She had a facewash with Aloe Vera, but that mostly just smelled like a foot and chemicals. It did wonders for the skin however. Keeping her free from pimples and blackheads since she hit puberty. 'And good thinking Pretty Girl,' Nomaru told Rikka, as she got up and looked around a bit, slowly moving away from the stone. She just wanted to get moving, walk a bit, helping herself to stay awake. They had been here way too long already and she was really getting tired. 'Maybe - if we decide to follow the ratty thing - he... Koinu could focus on the smell of rat mixed with plastic or metal or whatever that dish was made of? Maybe that'll get the numbers down a bit...'

Nomaru - for the first time since their arrival - felt pretty useless. She didn't want to be part of a clan, but in Shinobi-land it came with such benefits. She even suspected Rikka to be from a clan, although she had no idea from what clan the girl could be. She remembered Yukari's super smell and just wondered, if Chin and Nabe had been from clans, could they still have been alive? A byakugan could come in handy for Nabe, with his ever lasting brawl skills and energy.
Nomaru ended up going into her dreamworld again, she even seemed absent for quite a while, reminding herself she could not start liking these people, ever. EVER.
'Live fast, die pretty. The Shinobi way...' Nomaru just thought to herself, drinking the rest of her can of energy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team #1 - A red dawn rises.   Team #1 - A red dawn rises. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team #1 - A red dawn rises.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2