Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!

Go down 
+8
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Hatake Houtarou
Admin
Vince
Tenshu Ryochoku
Green Admin
Koui Nomaru
Sakurai Akira
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  Empty
PostSubject: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 6:15

EDIT: So because most everyone has done their introduction as to where their characters came from, with Hina's reaction on page 2 came a turning point for this thread! Feel free to tell random shit about your characters.

-----
-----------
-----

I thought it would be interesting to share where our player chars came from.

What inspired you? Where'd you get the name from? How'd you decide on appearance and characteristics?

---

I made up Akira's characteristics before I thought of her name. I already knew I was gonna play in Suna so I wanted to play a tough character, no goodie-two-shoes. Sharp tongued and independent, and just generally not so friendly and sympathetic. Not evil though, just a hard ass. She's... different.

In order to have her function despite the above I gave her a strong work ethic and loyalty (well, to those she thinks deserve her loyalty Rolling Eyes )

The merits and flaws system for character creation did the rest.

Then came the name. I pondered that longer than I would've liked, but the end result is something I'm definitely happy with.

It had to be a name befitting of her character. Sharp, intense. Girly names were out of the question.

I stumbled upon Akira, a name that reminded me of a similarly titled movie that's a few decades old by now. In the movie it was a boy's name, but I found it it is actually a unisex name. I loved it.
I remember some people on this forum asking whether Akira's a girl or a guy, well here you have your answer and also the reason why I chose the name despite it being gender-confusing.

Sakurai is actually a really common Japanese family name, and I wanted her to be from unimportant parents, no prestigious clan or anything, so I specifically searched for common names. Sakurai is also the family name of a voice actor I like, so this decision wasn't hard.

Also, Sakurai Akira rolls nicely off the tongue. I suspect it's the consonants. tongue 

Akira means bright or clear, which I thought fitting because I wanted my char to be clearheaded, perceptive and down to earth. Sakurai means cherry blossom well. Which is kinda lame. But that was what I was going for with the family name. Lame and of no importance. So anyone learning her name wouldn't think she was anything special... underestimate her. Heh. Think again. Cool 

As for appearance, I already knew she was going to have black hair and pale skin. I wanted to go for rather 'normal' features, so no crazy hair or eye color (grey), because one of her merits was Striking Looks and I didn't want to overdo it. Simple beauty is strikingly stunning.

So what about your character(s)?

Last edited by Sakurai Akira on Fri 30 Aug - 8:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 9:44

Okay, so I was with Admin one day and he didn't shut up about this NeoNaruto thing, which was anoying. At some point I figured: he will shut up if I make a character. And now we talk about nothing but, but still. At least I know WHAT THE HELL HE'S TALKING ABOUT NOW.

Anyway: We started with a general idea, because I have NO IDEA what the hell is happening in Naruto or how things work, but whatever, I would figure it out. ;D
Nomaru wouldn't have a clan because that just sounded sucky. Nomaru would be a cool though girl. Nomaru would be me, but 14, smoking and totally not Shinobi material, just for fun sake and my knowledge of the world of shinobi. So we put the words "Act Normal" in a translating machine and it ended up being Koui Nomaru.

Basically I made her skill tree based on social skills and figured that she learned everything on a very young age because of early puberty. She would be a normal teen girl in pretty much everything, apart from the awesome shinobi powers. She would be ashamed of her parents, be more interested in the next time she could get drunk than in school and be a "troubled teen."

So yeah. Her looks as well would be pretty standard, I first looked for a picture and it kinda started to fit when I found my badass smoking anime girl. A bit of a typical japanese badass girl, fine enough.

I didn't really pick all the character building stuff too serious. I just ended up picking everything that sounded awesome into some order and she ended up being manipulative and social and sexy and badass, but not a fighter because that fits better with a girl who's just about 1m30/35 tall. Dx

And then my first post happened. And that's how she was born. :p
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 12:26

I wanted to play a puppet user but Suna wasn't open yet. Also I love these characters

Toua Tokuchi
Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  90b8de743b5f71cbd57a980bc15f5a791258570692_full
Yoichi Hiruma
Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  Fc53cd8a7db8d95b05c8d6e5e730a7081324881803_full
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 13:40

This is actually Ryochoku v2, the first thing on my mind when I create Ryochoku v1 is that I wanted him to be bad, no lawful good figure because Konoha has too many of them. Well, it's the main antagonist village in the anime so full of lawful good/neutral good is cool but I wanted something different. I have long decided to be clanless because not many Konoha clans are appealing to me and there's always more clan ppl than clanless, so let's play the clanless underdog!

The inspiration of a noble house is from another site, I think I have been wanting to play something noble for a long time and noble house fits Naruto because there's feudal lord and that's noble. I know Chinese and majority of japanese kanji shares the same meaning as their Chinese counterpart(or those that are a bit different, I can get them eventually either) so when I do names I mainly look at the kanji. Tenshu(天殊) has two kanjis, breaking them down and you will get "Sky"(put an extra kanji and you can get multiple meanings like 天生 means inborn/innate. Sky also kinds of mean superior because "sky" is closer to God and Heaven than "earth') and "Unique", add them together and you will get something like "born uniquely". Noble tends to be egotastical so I go with that.

I like samurai and they are a huge part of the history of Narutoverse, so I give the noble house a samurai root and those ideas of them trying to get bloodline and shinobi arts and so on just pop out of my head when I write them. I expanded a lot of the clan house's history in v2 because I know NN deals with politics very well. I give him the lowest status of the clan to give him a bad childhood, a good enough reason to forge and shape his personality. I am also a big fan of someone getting looked down eventually getting better and better and the idea of adultary is inspired by Easy A(I watch a lot of girl-ish movies as a guy because they are interesting to me and I have an interest to try and understand things from a girl's perpesctive just to understand both sexes better).

Ryochoku, I just combine the kanji together and both kanji are opposite(ironic) to his actual self. 亮直, "light/bright" and "straight/honest/honorable" and all traits that Ryochoku doesn't possess. He's dark and not honest and setting the name that way kinds of work for him because it implies that he is a two-faced person, with different personalities inside and outside.

His appearance, I just search randomly for photos and got that one. I liked it because it has a mask(which my character eventually is going to wear because I like the idea of a non-ANBU wearing mask) and the mask also supports his "split personalities" as he always masks himself when dealing with people. And no, I am not a fan of Two-Face, the Batman's villain.

I give him nin-gen because he really doesn't look like one that do Tai, and I set his noble house to be samurai-based so they do tai and he doesn't, which leads to his difference with the clan. I have always liked genjutsu and feel the show gives too little time for genjutsu and ninjutsu is always good, tons of usages for them.

His unknown bloodline background is something I asked on the v1's site, where I ask if the admin can create a kekkei genkai for him without letting me know about it, because I find not knowing something about my character both ICly and OOCly very fun. I am also very interested in any form of "power awakening". Props to Vince for agreeing to do that in v1 and also the NN admin team for allowing this idea into v2. Will he get the bloodline here? Only the admins know it since I asked them they can do so or not do so. Awesomely fun. In v1, I even use card to determine my nature element, I assign 1 element to 1 card and draw them and gets "Earth". I didn't do that though on this site.

The main difference between v1 and v2 is that v1 Ryo is a massive pain in the ass, I think I went overboard when I even rebel against my sensei(and every teammate before that), which is really bad to the game because ultimately, he still have to progress with the team. So for v2, I make him more of a backstabber that do things on the back and will at least cooperate with his team at the beginning. At the very least, he will not disobey his sensei which gives the team an easier time moving forward yet he can still be a dick to his teammates if it developed that way, kind of like pre-I-have-feelings Sai in Naruto's team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think this character will be in play too soon(or at all) but Nikandros also has his fair share of history, this is the v3. The core concept intially is that I want to play a religious character and a bad ass tai-master like Gai and Rock Lee. The only usable reigion(count out Hidan's) I am aware of in Narutoverse is Buddhism so I take that. v1 is a on a high-powered(as in characters there are much more powerful by standard) Naruto site so my character is a big brute that packs 2 sand gourds(I want to pack more than Gaara and the site gives advanced releases to clanless) on his back that utilizes sand for defensive purpose, a little wind and earth elements, and mostly just hit his enemy as hard as possible with muscle and strength. His look is a fan-art picture of Street Fighter's Akuma(the main reason is Akumka has giant ass buddhist beads):

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  Nikandros

v2 is made for Konoha. I changed the backstory. This time, he is from a foreign continent, kind of like a Land of Kung Fu that doesn't utilize chakra as well as the Naruto continent. I give chakra in that continent a kung fu-spin, they always thought chakra are qi(or ki) and only the best of the best can utilize them(Come to think of it, it's a bit like the willpower drive of samurai on this site). I made him OLD, he's 28 when he enters the academy. Mainly because I find extremely old genin pretty fun(ny) and I like to wonder how will the world views him. To make the lack of abilities more logical, I have to write the reason: He's kicked down from the top of mountain after losing a duel with someone, lost his memory, lost almost all his abilities and even plenty of his bones were broken. He was saved by an old master that cured his injury with the best of his ability(with chakra) and asked him to go to the Naruto continent in hope that a better healer can help him regain his memory or even recover his abilities. He came to the continent, traveled around but didn't really find a master healer. On one day, Rock Lee saved his life while he was getting attacked by tons of bandits. Lee saw his potential in martial art and asked if he will join Konoha, he wasn't sure what the heck was that but Lee explained it a little bit and he took the offer as he thought it might be the place he would eventually find the healer or even learn enough of this "chakra" thing he could even heal himself.

He is mostly tai in this version, utilizes kung fu-based techniques and perhaps some grappling. I started him with Drunken Fist(Suiken of Rock Lee) since he's 28 and can legally drink. Personality-wise, he is dumb(stereotypical "The Muscle" trait) but has insane willpower(On this site, he will have Level 4 Unstoppable) and will fight on and on and on. His battle lust is inborn to him, it's unremovable(not even losing memory can remove that) and I plan to make him an extremely tough fighting machine. This trait is inspired from a character in a Hong Kong comic book(Out of curiosity, are there comic books in Europe? What genres are them if they exist? I know the main genre of US = superhero, HK = martial art, be it modern or fantasy, Japan = whatever you can think of, they have it, EUrope = ?). In this version, I use Bryan Fury of Tekken for his look because that dude's badass.

Religion-wise, both versions are Buddhist and their favored God(among the huge list of Buddhist deities) is Bishamonten, the God of War. This influence actually stems from my favorite Warring Era Feudal Lord, Uesugi Kenshin(available in Basara as well), who also worship Bishamonten. I always dig his war prayer in the various games I played as him and I think Bishamonten is a good suit for Nikandros. v2 Nikandros sounds fun here because he might eventually meet up with Samurai's Uesugi Kenshin for the ultimate battle between two Bishamonten loyalists.

On v3, I retain the core concept and try to keep his name as not-so-Japanese yet be a local in the continent -- mainly because I realize the foreign continent thing can be long-winded and not as immersive to Narutoverse and I don't want to break the age limit again this time so I need someone local. What sort of people don't use family name then? Uncivilized nomadic people pop out of my mind. So he give him a tribe culture, inspired by King of Dragon Pass(old and underrated indie game, there's an iPhone version now for anyone interested, it's a sandbox game that you manage your tribe). Of course if the admins still want a family name I will makeup a tribe name and use that as his family name, I just try and find way to get a non-Japanese name out there. Fighting style, he uses mostly tai with a bit of nin eventually. I give him javelin as I find javelin to be more of an ancient weapon that is abandoned ever since medieval, so it fits with his rural background.

The core traits in v3 will be uncivilized. I made custom traits for them, so my character cannot learn to use technologies to a good extent(he flatly rejected them) but has bonus in natural environment than urban environment. In this version, he worships ancient Gods of his tribe. Personality-wise, he is still dumb, not as battle-hunger as the previous versions and possess what you would expect from a lower educated wild boy. Think of him as a village boy that just hit the door to the the big, wide world.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Admin
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug - 14:37

I came up with Kazuo starting with the G part of RPG, meaning I decided on a character combat design before making the actual character. Going in -mostly- reverse order from the creation guide, I used my skillset to shape my stats, those to shape my merits and flaws, and from there, used my merits, flaws, and my stats to shape the character's personality itself.

I had a little back and forth between the flaws and personality for a bit before deciding on the initial character. Once I made the lonely, slightly-crazy sealing character, I realized I had to also make him a kid, so I fiddled around some more with the flaws to come out with that. Since he would already be weak enough, I took away a piece of the character's background when I tossed Immunodeficiency (which I'm still regretting, have been since the character was accepted). That left me with what I have now, so I put on the cherry that is a name.

Kazu means number, or a figure(accounting term), o is a common ending to a japanese boy's name, and Nando is a phrase effectively asking how often, or how many times. Thus, his name is a bit of a joke, like most Bleach characters, and is the only whimsical thing about him save his obsession with candy. He's actually a question when his name is spoken properly. It loosely comes off as 'It costs how much?'.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 8:09

Uchiha Sora was made on the previous site as my character at first, as personalized as possible.
This is because I knew, and now know, I'd be playing tons of NPC's as if they be my characters eventually for the game to progress.

His character concept then did change quite a bit due to Admin duties.
I started up the previous forum with a friend of mine who was the second Admin.
He was going to make an Uchiha player character which would stick around the players for a while, grow stronger with them and then pull an Orochimaru or Sasuke on them so to speak and become a bad-guy kind of character, an antagonist to the players, who's growth they've all seen.
I at first wanted to play Sora as a Hyuuga or a Sarutobi but then after a discussion with the other Admin who was making an Uchiha we have come to the conclusion that on a site like this, Uchiha might turn out the same as Saiyans on a DBZ forum, everyone wants to be one.

And the game limiting each clan to 4 participating players we decided to go with Uchiha for me too to limit the amount of actual players able to play Uchiha down to two and hopefully by doing so also lowering the chance that people would go for it, seeing there'd already been 2 Uchiha in place.

It seemed to work.

And later the transfer to Uchiha turned out to be quite good for the personalizing as well as myself and the Uchiha have quite a bit in common it seems. ' Pride' *cough cough* 'Grace' *cough cough* 'High Empathy' *cough cough* 'Strong feelings and waves of Vengeance' *cough cough*

I understood the fact that being the competitive dog I am, playing Sora , while not cheating, I would still not go easy on my opponents. And knowing EXACTLY how the game system functions gives one a huge advantage. So Sora had to be smart, there was no way around it. Sora had to be a brainiac combat genius for me to be able to play him correctly.
To make matters more dramatic on that fact I started him off at 9 almost going on 10, like Torame...hence the references to him as Uchiha Sora's second coming.

I didn't want Sora to be an overachiever Marry Sue though , especially not as an Uchiha and especially not when he is already a brainiac combat genius of 9 by default. That would be OP.

I gave Sora a fucked up childhood, his mother always cheered him up when he was young and taught him to be playful, free, joyful and how to pull pranks on people. His mom was a bit Naruto-ish so to speak.
His father on the other hand was strict, harsh, beat him when he failed classes or didn't excel, scolded him harshly for all his wrongdoings and pushed him towards being more pragmatic, focused, graceful, sharp and ruthless to the targets.
This difference between his mother and father eventually led to a sort of self-controlled form of split-personality within the child.
And thus it seemed like two different Sora's at first to some or most. A 9/10 year old little boy, loves pranks and fun, is easy going and friendly yet not very formal and then there is the robot-like child pragmatic, very formal in his speech, ruthless towards targets, focused and graceful like what his father would like to see. It was a sort of mental state Sora forced himself into in order to cope with his Shinobi work at such a young age.

His mother was reported dead right before his attending the Academy, which is when his father became a bit more mild towards him to try and replenish the love his mother used to give him.

Sora's Uchiha blood, especially in the young years gave him little advantage as in order to excel in comparison to his classmates he pushed himself beyond all limits, he wears bandages over his arms till this day not just because he has seals on them for use (these were added in recent years) but to cover up the skin of his hands which is quite, uhm, banged up up shall we say by his relentless training, same with his feet.
He has little stamina in comparison to those of equal rank and not much strength or speed to speak of....in short....Sora is a Nerd.

Later when looking for suitable pictures I found Yashamaru from Basilisk with his long hair and he seemed rather fitting. And then I saw his use of ninja wire and was inspired.
Thus Sora became a smart yet physically weak character relying on his agility, brain, reflexes and tools to win his battles. Playing chess rather than arm wrestling any day.
(Btw, sora also only has like 2 flashy moves with a lot of nuke-like powa to them if you don't count the Mangekyou powers....as opposed to others....he prefers a silent kill or an efficient one like slicing the throat afther a Genjutsu reel.)

Then later I got inspired even further by Iron Man....yes...Sora is Tony fucking Stark.

Ninja Wire body system, Kunai Time-space system, Nin-Wire Time-Space system, Ampli-Fire Gloves and so on. Much like Stark, Sora realized his strength's and weaknesses and that he had to use his strengths in order to defeat his own weaknesses. And thus slowly by bit he designed himself a battle suit. This suit went through various stages over time as he developed it slowly upgrading all the parts and adding new ones as he got better and smarter.
First he could just place ninja wire traps anywhere his hands or feet touched, or hogtie someone on touch using the string reeling technique.
Then he added the system to be able to launch Kunai from a feeder ammunition box masked as hip pouches at his back. These would use the principle of chakra walk (like how Sasuke used it to toss that Kunai with his foot during the Chuunin Exam arc.) to guide the kunai with chakra from the box along the metal lines on the ninja wire body-system and launch it likewise from either the hands or feet.
Then this got another upgrade with the Ampli-fire gloves which increased the force behind Sora's Fire attacks if the flame passed by the gloves (like all the nin-wire and kunai did)
Then he upgraded the initial nin-wire body system to have more pathways and to cover more of his body. This now allowed him to extract and manipulate ninja wire from any part of his body, be it off-course that it is not hindered by clothing, thus allowing for any opening in the clothing to be used as an exit for ninja wire or kunai.
Next the Ampli-fire gloves were improved to increase the range of the fire (how far.) and then next how large the area of impact would be.
Next Sora created an upgrade to both the ninja wire system and the kunai feeder system to make them function more properly together. This allowed for kunai to be used like a harpoon giving him Scorpion/batman/spiderman -ish abilities so to say.
At this level Sora had developed his A-rank Jutsu Ryuun Jakka (Flowing Flame Blade) ....which was a big mix of his battle suit he had been developing as well as his techniques with fire.
Dragon Flame technique to be exact. Because of this technique Sora would start emplying fire-chakra proof Kunai. Kunai completely unaffected by Fire-type chakra. Ninja wire already is immune to this and all others.....
He would let out a long whip of ninja wire, with fire-proof kunai running along it, held along the ninja wire by chakra (like in chakra walk) as the whip would be created and the wire and Kunai would pass by the glove they'd ignite into a powerful flame. He could for double the cost make another whip appear from his other hand, each whip producing 3 hits before losing it's form.
This move incinerates anything touching the whips at an instant, damages everything within half a meter from the whips and gives burnmarks to all within a meter of them from the simple heat.
This move is a combination of Dragon Flame Technique, Uchiha Tripple Windmill, Sharingan, The Battle Suit combination and smarts.
But this is a move Sora rarely uses....because it drains him of chakra, him not having that much as is.

Later gaining the Sharingan he copied quite a few Jutsu and pissed a few people off doing so. Like Sakena Razz
Who was a genius at developing new Wind Techniques and Sora would just be like..hey that's nice...copy snatch. XD

But gaining so much power at such an early age and then hitting puberty was a bad combo.

When most right now think Sora and Nomaru have a lot in common. Back in a day they didn't.
Back in a day Sora was far more like Houtarou and Torame....
It was the fact that he had already obtained the rank of Chuunin at 10 and the rank of Jounin only two years later at 12....and then hit puberty caused this change along with his Tengu Mark.

In other words Sora went nuts..... especially when the girl he loved, a childish love based on the fact that in his mind she kinda replaced his mother, died and he became kamikaze-minded.
He took up smoking and reading dirty magazines and books, chasing girls, especially with the fame he had gotten by then. And then he would find out she had faked her death to get away from some people, causing another brain zip.

Even more so when he then discovered his mother had never died, but had defected to Akatsuki.
This gave the boy a biiiiiig ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiip to the brain yet again.

Next he would face his mother in the war and have her try and kill him and being forced to kill her himself to survive, only to have her smile at him lovingly when he performed the kill congratulating him on obtaining true power and that she trusts he'll do good with it...aka...she planned on him killing her for him to get his Sharingan.

In other words, Sora is being manipulated by his Uncle, his mother, Kisame and a few others nearly all his life behind his back to make him stronger for something, but he is smart enough to know that where his mother might mean well, such preparation is usually given to a scapegoat or a sacrificial piece. And he wanted to be neither hence his rebellious streak started.
Especially with his Tengu mark which by now has largely merged with his own personality, Sora and others didn't even notice it for a long time at first, because they were used to Sora's self created split personality. But the Tengu Mark was diffrent, Sora realized when it would be haunting him like a ghost...Think Hobgoblin and Green Goblin Style. That's kinda what the Tengu Mark is like.

Now Sora is an NPC and a Sensei to a team. And we'll see how he develops. I still for a large part play him as a character of mine, but do note the fact he is there to support and move along the story more than anything.

There is so much more I could say about Sora....but in short. He's kind of the Narutoverse version of me we could say. given much better at everything, though. Razz
But he uses chakra...that's cheating XD
Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 11:46

Lots of big and interesting stories! =) Especially Ryochoku and Admin!

How Houtarou came to be:

Torame told me about the site. We went through character creation together, and I was very ignorant of the entire system at the time. Torame had to suffer through like a thousend questions of mine that time. Razz Luckily he's a reliable and helpful guy (I hope he doesn't read this... But if you do, thanks man.) so he sat through with it, haha.
Quickly wrote a character summary. Done.

So, my story is boring as f***. I hadn't got a clue as to what my character would be like when I created him. Guess I slowly threw in a personality once the RP proceeded, so he does definitely have a personality now, and I'm more than fine with the way it is now. =)
Had I been very knowledgable on the system though, he would've been different. For one, merits, flaws, skills, and all of that stuff would've been different. (one of Houtarou's current flaws is for example is that he's like a fish on the dry against genjutsu)
Secondly, had I really thought through what my character would be like, his personality and story might've been more detailed and interesting. I honestly don't know what I might've come up with.
But again, I'm fine with the way he is now. =) I'm a newbie noob, and I'm still learning (and so is Houtarou I guess Razz).

So yeah, that was the most boring story of all, but that's basically how it is I guess.

TL;DR: wasn't very informed about the system yet when I created Houtarou (with a lot of help from Torame). Didn't have a plan for the guy but I kinda gave him a personality a bit later on as the RP proceeded. Not a really big story but I'm fine with the way he is now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 13:22

Character's don't really have to have complex back-stories to be awesome or good or either.
In fact some characters just start out rather simple and plain and later develop an interesting personality because of all the weird crazy people around them and the situations that are thrown at them by life.

Some characters start out giving impact (character social roleplay impact I mean) and then later as a result of the delivered impact they start taking impact back, which alters them and then let's them deliver new impact.
Sora's character functions in this way.

However for example Sendo and Sakena's character's are the flip-coin of this I believe,
They start out being simple and plain and then the outside surroundings deal them impact after impact until it boils up and they start delivering counter impacts having allowed themselves to grow and be affected by these impacts. Now they deliver an impact and await the returning gesture to make another spurt of character development.

Like there are anime where the main character has a super complex background, super interesting and intriguing powers and you watch the show because it's interesting to see how a such normal world or mostly normal world reacts to his outlandish character and powers. And how the world will be shaped eventually because of him.

But then there is stories about your average joe who winds up on some epic quest adventure with monsters, dragons anomalia and other things and you just watch because you wanna know how the guy gets through it and how such experiences will change and shape him.

But these two types over time can intersect and form a never ending spiral. But I guess Houtarou falls into the second category right now. the average joe faced with an epic quest.
Back to top Go down
Yamanaka Yorukasa

Yamanaka Yorukasa

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 22:36

I really wanted to play something entirely different from anything I've ever played before, so instead of a loud-mouthed powerhouse, I decided to play a little, insecure girl.

Also, I wanted to fight with poison this time, and that was before I even read the awesome effects it has on this site.
I consider poison to be something feminine to use in battle, unlike raw power, which I consider masculine. That is why I decided to play a female.

The Yamanaka thing is mostly a bonus in this case, but it does enable me to do some pretty nasty shit, once I'm powerful enough to actually do such things.

As for her name, Yorukasa is a combination of Yoru = Night and Kasa = Shade, thus Nightshade. This because it's the coolest poisonous plant I know, and she's a Yamanaka (Yamanaka Flower Shop). Yorukasa loves flowers and plants, and is pretty much poisonous herself. It couldn't have been more obvious for me.
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug - 23:17

Admin, that was awesome! Very Happy Great point, Houtarou indeed falls into the second category, but that's also interesting as he personality is still a big block of ice which can be made in a specific sculpture when certain events happen. Although the ice already has a basis, it can still be carved differently.
Kind of a crazy analogy there but I guess it works, haha. Smile

Yorukasa, doing the exact opposite is really creative!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 1:38

Akira's character concept is genius too by the way. I love it as I fell in love with it the moment I read it in my PM box. Your character concept, not the player, so don't be getting no hopes up,lol. Razz

Non-clan, nothing really special about her herself, aside from the fact she has stamina over 9000 metaphorically speaking , especially for a Genin. The fect she could take multiple critical hits from a Jounin and still be conscious enough to talk about it.
But this should come as no surprise cause she has almost as much stamina as Naruto had at start, but has more of a brain to her.

Also next her Tengu Mark...makes it more interresting for her than you guys can imagine at a moment.
Honestly, even Akira herself probably doesn't know just how far the combination of Dark Secret and Tengu Mark can do for her...or against her. -ebil admin grin-

And yes Yorukasa is amazing as well. A pretty original concept for a Yamanaka I'd say. And the primary reason we started playing earlier than we would have, cause he made that character a month or two before the official start and then kept bugging us to start already Razz

But I figured perhaps it would likewise be interresting for some how I have come up with designs for some of the main NPC's.

Bacchi
Tierria
Nadleeh
Koden
Kazenkou
Souran
Ranmaru
Sora's mom
Shinka Leader
Shinka Leader's son
Kenpachi (yes bleach) etc.

these are for the most part all original NPC's I play as if they were actual characters
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 12:43

Yep Jinno was an awesome character too.
And I like Hayate's similair laid back yet perceptive style of approach to life.
Amaya could indeed turn out to be very interresting. I can see it in full colors, well mostly dark red and black but hey. Wink

Also hope you don't mind I kinda killed off Jinno in the war, not that it has been made official or anything, but just figured for story logics sake and such...if you do mind let me know.
Cause I did kill him off, but I kinda also got him laid, indirectly. Razz

And you tell these biches...Sora be awesome Sensei.
Not the most formal one, if not the least formal....but he takes care of his peeps. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 22:20

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxvkIch9hQ41Mz3qonCjt9QDHx68ff1Nuev13miQP8wnIOGr8z

Thank you for all your stories! It's so interesting to read!

Also, Admin liking Akira's character concept so much. Shocked 
I knew you liked it, didn't know you liked it THIS much. But it's awesome! And you make me curious, so curious! The combo you're talking about, that Akira herself isn't even aware of, it has something to do with the weapons not being able to lethally injure her, doesn't it? Does it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug - 3:02

Well, at a certain point Sora's tengu mark had begun to turn him against all his friends and comrades, talking him into believing they were all out to get him, using him, pretending to like him, just because they need his abilities. Luckily he had the right people there to recognize it and counter it correctly.
The Tengu Mark means there is someone else inside of you at all times. Akira's inner world is inhibited by someone or something else that has it's own personality. And seeing as it is ALWAYS watching what you do and hearing what you think, it can be very pursuasive at times.
But this creature needs you for something special and will do anything in it's power to keep you save and alive as well as try to get you as strong as possible. It's like a personal little inner demon. The question is what do they want, what are the connections between these marks and why are they spreading so fast among ALL nations.

Tum tum tuuuuuum......And what does Tenshu Ryochoku have to do with all of this when he doesn't even have a Tengu Mark???
Also a very very interresting question I believe....who knows, right?

As for some of the NPC's some of them had become important NPC's due to the players rather than my direct intention.
Nadleeh and Koden are probably the best examples.
the two of them togethet with Kazenkou and Uchiha Gikan were created as the main challanges and in many cases antagonists of the Chuunin Exam Event.

Nadleeh was supposed to be the prodigy of the sound village, Kabuto's pride and such.
The dauhter of the Daimyou of the Ricefield Country, the one smart man among the Daimyou and perhaps because unlike most other Daimyou he doesn't just depend on his position and money but also actively runs multiple sucessful buisinesses.
He had unlike the other Daimyou instead of getting butthurt over the fact that shinobi with their growing power and influence begin to get more political sawy and power than the Daimyou...decided to go with the flow and have his kids join a hidden village and be not just the future Daimyou as his kids but also would be powerful shinobi. Her father saw the future in that the council members/Kage and Satoosa of the various villages would also be the money handlers and actual rulers to stop the political separation that only causes confusion.
Nadleeh was a pretty snobby, elitist, spoiled girl, at least she has that harsh exterior about her towards people she doesn't know and that don't know her.
It was never my intention to make her a truely main character, more like an important side-character eventually.
But this girl would eventually be swooned by Faolan in a sorta lady and the vagabond kinda romance, and well....the two are married now. >____> ...Inuzuka babies.

Koden was Iwa's super weapon, based on Broly with looks and on Ivan Drago (Rocky) by personality. In other words he was Iwa's so called special weapon where the village experimented with a Genin pushing him to his limits and providing him with everything needed for his training which was tightly scedualed.
In other words Koden was ever barely allowed to be a person, he was almost fully a weapon. He was supposed to be the big berserking tank of indominable strength, power house monster boss-like challange for the players. A powerful advisary eventualy to them later after the Chuunin exams.
However to my great surprise the player characters managed to change this about Koden, much to the happiness and surprise of his own team-members. He was sort-off Neo Naruto's version of Gaara you could say, only back then he wasn't a Jinshuriki, he is now. And now due to his change in personality he has become the Tsuchikage after the war.

Kazenkou was originally created as my way of countering Sakena, but at the same time to not be an enemy to the players directly. In other words, Sakena was the most powerful princess-like Genin from Konoha and Kazenkou was supposed to be Suna's princess-like strongest Genin and much like Sakena was concidered to be the Hokage's (Tsunade's) pride , joy and in a way copy...so was Kazenkou the same to the Kazekage. Suna's princess.
She has a strong liking towards Konohagakure but is true to her village, nicknamed the deadly desert rose. She was nicknamed this because she was the bright light of a somewhat grimmer village like Suna. She would be happy cheerful, pranking and dancing all over. Because she loved dancing so much she eventually found a way to mix her dancing with her sand control and wind control increasing the usefullness of both. By now she, much like Koden has become a Jinshuriki....that's right team Kazenkou, your sensei is a Jinshuriki. Razz
Well I had described her quite a bit to Meran already as well as in the topics. She likes to appear as kind, sweet, gullible, cute and peachy. But she is quite a calculated, sharp and capable of great fits of rage and destruction. She is quite the capable killer as well. In other words, Kazenkou wants to be underestimated, it's her main game-plan. Make sure people underestimate her skill, power and intelligence while she packs plenty and then some.
Kazenkou, I am not fully sure what it meant exactly anymore, but I think it was something like Burning wind or Wind ablaze.
Kinda like a thing between wind and fire, Suna and Konoha. As a sort of symbolical bridge to peace between the two.

Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug - 3:53

OK my turn, here it goes.

Sendo was created due to my love for insects and Aburame. I always enjoyed intrigue RP and wanted a nobility aspect to him so that the character had a somewhat gracefull yet indifferent vibe to him. Shino being the clanhead gave that opening and I requested Sendo to be Shino's son which was granted. He grew up with the child like prejudice from his peers that his ability and his clan was creepy an eeeeeeew. Although that factor into his personality he refused to affected by the ignorance of the ignorant. His best friend and brother relation was Inuzuka Faolan as results of their family connection and their are group. They were in many aspects mirror opposites of each other and this allowed them to trust each other throughout their career.

His fighting style orientated on strategically eluding and trapping the opponent thanks to intell gathered before hand. This has caused him to be a perceptive judge of character and talented in spying and infiltration.

In time Sendo began to fall in love with Sakena (as a sort of angelic savior complex due to the fact she healed him from the brink of death a few times) he also established a close relationship with Sora later becoming probably Sora's best male friend due to his empathic insight to look beyond the surface and for putting up with his antics and tantrums (which were very much like Faolan's). After witnessing Sakena's staged death during a kyuubi attack a large part of Sendo's positive emotions were stored away. Because a certain organization was framed for this he developed a sense of hatred so strong he began a self imposed crusade to try to wipe them out at every turn. Because Sendo witnessed this staged assassination and the place holder died in his arms he was completely convinced of the deception. Immedietly after Sendo and Sora went on a Badass As Fuck Rampage to kill the fucker that had appeared to kill Sakena. Several years later she returned and a portion of Sendo's positive nature returned but his hatred to the organzition remained as he still cannot condone their bloodline hunting activities and all the other suffering they have affected upon Sakena and other of his fellow shinobi.

Over the years Sendo has eluded fatal injuries and incidents with such a degree that he has been nicknamed Cheating Sendo, which is a pun to "He Who Cheats Death". Such events involved being caught in a C4 explosion, being burned to a crisp and still surviving, getting stabbed through the stomach with a giant spike, escaping an enemy prison and torture facility while simultaneously surviving a battle with Akatsuki's Deidera, getting riddled with senbon and still manage to remain conscious.
Back to top Go down
Haruno Tenshi

Haruno Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug - 6:31

All right then I'll give it a try...

Admin invited me cause it was such an awesome game! (And he was right!)

Tenshi came to life very easy. I wanted something that would be a little like me. I watched Naruto and always have been inspired by Sakura and others I sadly don't know the name of.
My own love for healing arts, be it through Chakra or herbs inspired the skill part for Tenshi. Talking to animals and feeling others emotions is also part of me. Together with her shyness and will to help I translated the word angel to Japanese and there we had a female character with a name and a background.

As written, Tenshi grew up without parents all alone and is a bit of a black sheep in Konoha.
(Just like me on that age but I had a parent)
But even treated unfair she is a good person and helps where needed. She has a dark secret which made her the pacifist she is, but when angered or threatened, she helps in any way she can and defends others in the process. (She hopes)
She secretly has a crush on Houtarou because of his clumsyness which she thinks is very cute. Also his friendliness is something she approves very much.

She hopes to be a good healer one day and to be an asset to the village that until now doesn't really notice her.
Back to top Go down
Haruno Sakena
Admin
Haruno Sakena

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug - 16:22

Even in MMORPGS, I've always found myself to be a healer, as in real life I went to medical school to help ease suffering of others. Sakena just seems like a animated version extension of everything I always wanted to be. I was with Admin and Aburame Sendo and Inuzuka Faolan on the previous Naruto site, and it helped a lot in my character creation to have the same similarities of my personality as in Sakenas. Admin and I have been friends for damn near ten years, so he has helped to shape my character and myself in so many positive ways. As his character so much seems like an extension of himself is why Sora and Sakena are good friends that always are willing to go the lengths to help one another. And I love the idea of having pink hair! :3

Sakura wasn't necessarily my favorite on Naruto, but Tsunade was without a doubt, so that helped form my character as being the first grand daughterish genetic child from Tsunade and having a lot of those traits that the Fifth Hokage had, meant that Sakena could really play a positive or negative roll in the village.

Haruno Sakenas name however is a fun lil story, while Sakura was about to pop and give birth to Sakena, Tsunade as we all know and love was plastered and slurred the name Saaaakeeeeee....Saakeeennn.....Saaakeeennnaaaa whilch ultimately became Sakena, so yes I was named after an alcoholic beverage. >_<

Sakenas entire concept of becoming a shinobi was really quite a challenge, having known that she was a test tube baby so to speak make her really yearn for a normal life, and on the previous site she struggled so much in the beginning in having to become a weapon of destruction...but after the first mission of seeing how badly her comrades ended up, she knew that she was the key player in keeping them alive.

As for Admin stating that EVERONE wants to be a DBZ character I got nooo problem having a match with Torimenshi Koden! >Smile For those of you who have not met him yet, he's a hot piece of meat! Buwahaha *NERD ANIME FAN GIRL CRUSH DROOL*

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug - 22:48

Well hım, Gaara and Nadleeh wıll appear ın the upcommıng maın event, sakena wıll get to see Koden agaın.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 0:20

Oh, this is something fun to do for your characters:

Universal mary sue litmus test

I discovered it years ago with Hina and used it on myself (lol) and on my previous RPG character from another site. At the time my character scored higher (if I remember correctly she scored between 17-21 points) than Akira does now (just 6 points). As Akira develops there is a chance she'll become more sue-like, but my aim is to not exceed 21 points.

I'm really curious what your scores are!

Ps. I filled in parts 1, 3 and 4.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Admin
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 1:34

Considering the extremely short lifespan of the character, I couldn't fill in a whole heck of a lot. I have almost no doubt at all, however, that he'll rapidly pick up three or four more points in his event somewhere. (I scored 8 points, though all of them basically apply to his prodigy skills, they'll likely balance themselves out by a few points when he gets a few years on him.)

I also filled 1, 3, and 4.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 3:05

Uhm....I am doin it right now, but uhhhm...I am getting a few points for things that are normal within the game world,
Ohwe wait it says particulairly unnatural or exotic. no wait....

Does your character frequently carry knives, daggers, or other little sharp pointy objects concealed within xir clothing for no other reason than that they might come in handy?

uhhhhhm....oki otta run. post result next time.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 7:56

All within the boundaries of the world the character is in Wink For example pink hair would normally be pretty unnatural and exotic--but in Narutoverse weird hair colors are accepted and is therefore not unnatural.

However, if someone in Narutoverse had, I don't know, white hair that glowed iridescent in the sunlight. That would be unnatural and exotic and you should check that box. Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 8:25

remember doing this a loooooong time ago. Being family from canon characters is also no penalty due to bloodlines and stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 8:45

Also a reminder for everyone: do the De-Suifiers at the end of the test! (part 5)

It might provide points that'll subtract from your total score.

I just did one for Akira where I want her to be at 18-ish. I barely made my 21 points! Shocked Surprised. You really got to look out if your character has 30+ points. 50+ points? Kill it dead, please. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next