Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!

Go down 
+8
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Hatake Houtarou
Admin
Vince
Tenshu Ryochoku
Green Admin
Koui Nomaru
Sakurai Akira
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vince
Admin
Vince

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 9:14

Same here. I did an extra of my ideal for Kazuo, he turned out at 20 or 22 (because I wasn't totally sure about one being correct or not). Some of those check boxes have the most ridiculous things behind them, though. It's almost good for a laugh in and of itself.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 9:30

Yes. Some of the questions are so ridiculous they made me laugh out loud.

Like this one: "If your character lost xir virginity unwillingly, does xe find a way to restore it? (Yes, this really is a thing.)"

And what about this one! "Have you ever wished you could date/marry/adopt your character?"

And oh, this one: "Do other characters find your character extremely attractive and desirable, even when xe should be completely gross and icky (EG, after battling, getting tortured, going for days without bathing or washing), and they don't have a fetish for that kind of thing?"

It's so much fun, that test.
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug - 11:27

final score 23
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Aug - 8:13

Let's see. I've been meaning to answer this question for some time now.

First, the name. Well, Chikamatsu was a given, because she was going to be a puppet user. I wanted her to have a pretty normal name, sweet, kind of girly, not 100% fitting. Oh, and puppety. Yeah, it's a theme. So I chose Hina, which means 'Young bird, Chick, Doll'. I thought that since her name didn't fit her entirely she would probably have a "tougher" nickname, thus giving her the nickname Guujin. This means 'Puppet, Doll'. So, it's actually the same name, but it sounds cooler.

Why did I want her to be a puppet user? Hm. Because it felt fun to do something a bit different. She became the daughter of Kankurou because, well, just because actually. And it's turned out great. She now has a PC cousin (Meran), she knows people of political importance, she is the first heir of a big clan. That clan has recently undergone some changes, so that causes tensions within the clan, also aimed at Hina. That makes for a lot of play, which is fun.

Her personality is based on my, but only by a little. I've taken some of my own characteristics and magnified those, and minimised or deleted others. Of course there are also parts of her personality that I don't have. I'm trying to think about her in a psychological way, making everything logical. The fun thing is that I started with a character and now it doesn't feel as much like I'm "creating" her, but more like I'm "getting to know" her. It's like she's this existing person, floating around. And somehow when I answer questions about "What would Hina do?" everything makes sense. For example. Hina is very insecure about her body, but I designed her with loose fitting clothes before I realised that, and it fits and makes sense!

You can all read Hina's personality in her character application, so I won't mention that here. I will just point out some of the not-so-obvious things and maybe some ideas for the future. Like her insecurity about her body.

Hina is highly intelligent. With both the positive and the negative; like being easily bored, talking much and fast, being sensitive to impressions, becoming desperate by the (mental) slow pace of others, setting higher standards for yourself than you expect of others and doubting your own intelligence. That's why she felt such a "glow" inside (which I couldn't put into words very well) when one of the medical ninja said she's "got a brain on her". But it also means that when people tell her she's dumb, it cuts extra deep.

I also wanted to make her feel slightly torn in her life. She has been taught from an early age to behave correctly, because is going to become a clan leader. So she's learned etiquette, that she shouldn't cause media-scandals (especially now that journalists apparently can come in to the secret villages or whatever) and that she should behave. Things like that. But at the same time she is only a thirteen year old, pranks-loving girl who wants to have fun. She certainly takes her responsibility, but it can weigh heavily on her.
When she gets older and calmer she will have less and less problems with all that.

Though first I want to make her go through a "weird" phase, when she becomes more secure about herself. Because she really is a fun-loving girl, maybe slightly weird. I'm having plans of her standing on her hands, trying to shoot chakra strings out of her toes (which probably wont work, but we'll find out IC, either way, she's still going to try!) or swing around with chakra strings like Spiderman!

I kind of want that weirdness to develop into full blown madness later on in her life. Really mad scientist. (She's a woman of science!) But that will of course depend on what happens in her life. She has to at least go through something dramatic (killing people might do the trick) and lose some of her morality. We'll see. She might never get there, no matter how much I hope. ^^ Mad Scientis Hina is fun. I've got so many quotes and weird scenario's ready in my head. And this would also help her to become a cool puppet master!

Also, she's got an elemental affinity for fire, but can't use elemental chakra via her hands. (Puppet user stuff.) But I want her to find out about her affinity by becoming ill, sneezing and setting fire to her bed! Hahahaha!

Maybe I kind of lost track of the "how did your character come to be" and maybe more fell into the "tell random shit about the inner workings of your character". If anyone has a question for me or wants to talk about Hina don't hesitate! I like talking about her and other characters. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Aug - 8:51

The thread has come alive again! Very Happy

I want to rename it to 'tell random shit about your character thread' now. tongue You know what? It's my thread. I'm gonna do it.

Akira's not going to become a mad scientist. Why would she when she already has Hina? But I'm not gonna rule out she'll maybe become a wee bit mad.

But hey, who in their right mind in shinobi-verse wouldn't? Maybe a nice question to ask:

Which character on here will not become (a little bit) mad? What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Aug - 11:14

Nomaru will become mad at some point, I guess. But it all depends on the situations. She's already got fucked up dreams and a constant hate-mode on life, but it all depends. Due to things I recently spoke about with admin she might be able to keep at least a bit sane, but it still all depends on everything.

I have made some crazy plans for her, but that really doesn't say anything. I kinda hope it will happen though. She will definitely become an alcoholic and/or drugaddict in some way though, because she's kinda going down that road already, trying to make her life a bit more suitable and it's just a way for her to forget all the shit she got herself into. Poor Nomaru.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Admin
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Aug - 11:41

... Kazuo's already a little crazy. He'll probably stay that way forever considering how many great friends he'll pick up with his amazing social skills. And gosh, as for plans, of course I've got plans for him, but they revolve more around his fighting style and the personality behind it than the roleplay. I don't think I could steer him in a particular direction in roleplay considering the special background flaw, so I won't make plans I can't really follow through on. It'd be kind of pointless...
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 0:04

Houtarou might face some mental challenge if there ever comes a point where he must kill someone. He doesn't want to kill, he'd rather show people the light, but he's still a somewhat naïve 14-year old. And knowing Sora, Houtarou will find himself in that position someday, haha!
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 1:58

I can definitely see Nomaru going down that path as well, from what I've read so far and heard from you. Wink 

And oh Houtarou, what's a shinobi who won't kill? Tsk. tongue 

And Kazuo is still young, only 10 years old. He could still develop his socializing skills, right?
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 3:17

It's not ''Tsk''! :PHoutarou is probably what is defined as a conditional pacifist. (<-- link)
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 4:45

So Nomaru will have a hard time KILLING things as well, but then again: she's like the only one that's not prepared for that kind of thing due to stupid parents and no clan and skipping school and stuff. xD
Back to top Go down
Vince
Admin
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 4:49

It's possible that Kazuo could learn to be a little more empathic, but I doubt he'll ever really develop socially beyond how much Sai has. He might develop a dry sense of humor, loosen up a little, but he'll probably always still be the generally serious, exasperated-by-everything person he is right now.
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 6:51

Just see whatever happens when balls start to drop @ Kazuo. xD

I'm just guessing Nomaru will only become more bitchy and manipulative... ;__;

So what are your characters biggest problems with the shinobi life as it is right now?
Because to me everyone just seems to jump into it as if they're going to take one big adventure and they've been dreaming all their life about this thing. But seriously though, it all seems a bit unrealistic to me. It's just kids who seem to have no idea what they're up to.
Nomaru has got a big grudge against the shinobilife to begin with. I personally - even if I lived in Narutoland all my life and grew up in a clan - would see no point in why anyone would become an armydog...
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 7:01

I don't think that Hina has any problems with it. She's been born into a shinobi clan and has been preparing for this all her life. Besides, she wants to honour her clan, honour her village and make both stronger.
I'm guessing her biggest problem right now is that she still wants to just have fun all the time, while she can't. But she understands this, so she is serious when she has to. But it explains why she loves pranking so much. (That will probably lessen over the years.)

But I'm also thinking that what you say, Nomaru, about the "kids who have no idea what they're up to" is pretty accurate. So she will have to think about this more and more. Especially if she has to kill persons. Or if she gets dubious missions.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 8:56

Akira won't have trouble killing people. Yes, that's as disturbing as it sounds. But it's true.

Oh lord Nomaru, your first comment made me laugh. xD

As for your question; I think Akira's biggest problem with shinobi life right now is something you pointed out: having to obey commands like a dog. She's not down with that, but realizes it is what it is until she gets older and stronger, attains higher ranks and eventually (hopefully) reach some sort of autonomy. Like she said in Suna ch.1 when Souran asked her why she wanted to become a shinobi: she wants to attain and maintain control of her life.

You can interpret that in many ways. For one she doesn't want to be weak, because she believes the weak are trampled by the strong and that you have no control over your life if you have to live every day not knowing when you are going to be trampled. She believes that by becoming a shinobi, she'll become strong, and she believes the stronger you'll become, the more in control of your life you'll become.

She thinks this is the goal she set for herself. In reality it was her upbringing by her parents that made her this way. She loathes her parents though and doesn't realize them wanting her to be excellent kind of seeped into her own mind. She wants herself to be excellent at this point, so she works hard and pushes herself to become better.

She'll meet herself one way or another when she gets older, because right now she has no fundamental reason for being a shinobi. She thinks she does, but 'I want to be in control, I want to be strong, I want to be excellent' doesn't really cut it.

WHY does she want these things? She'll have to find out as she grows up.

Hell, I'll have to find out as we continue roleplaying. Rolling Eyes 

Oh, one more thing: I think most of the kids growing up to become a shinobi are simply indoctrinated with that way of life, and so they have no issue with it as it is what they were 'born to do'. They don't know any different than that it is what it is.

If *I* lived in Narutoland with the knowledge I have as I am right now, I wouldn't want to become a shinobi either.

But if I had grown up there and was raised with the idea I was going to attend shinobi academy, graduate and get a job as a shinobi, like in this life I was raised with the idea I was going to finish high school and get a job in whatever degree I decided to study, I would have gone with it. I think it's a matter of what you're taught and what you're used to.
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug - 22:39

Yeah, they're probably indoctrinated, I know. But like.. still! They will see an awful lot of people die around them, especially if from a clan. I mean: that has to turn some people off about the whole shinobi thing right? xD
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep - 6:08

Other plans I have for Hina's future is her getting dreads. And I want her to paint her face as well, just like her father, but in a different style. Not kabuki puppeteer face paint.
I'm thinking more "subtle warpaint like". If anyone comes across nice examples. Don't hesitate to show them to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vince
Admin
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep - 8:54

In the case of being born in Narutoverse, I don't think it'd be as weird a thing to do this to your kids. Eastern philosophy of the self revolves around others. It's why even the main hero has a large supporting cast that 'eventually' supports the way they are, if they don't at the outset, as opposed to Superman in western philosophy. Basically, you live your life with the mindset that everything you do doesn't reflect on you much at all, but it reflects strongly on your family, friends, and sometimes even your country, and the consequences THEY pay for your actions. Shinobi and their families aren't responsible for themselves, but the people around them. It's a high ideal to keep, even if they do act as assassins and soldiers.

As for Kazuo's big problem with shinobi life? He doesn't have enough free time to do what he wants to do. He needs to meet standards for this area of expertise, and that area of expertise, but he really just wants to read and make seals, things that hold his interest and inspire him. The shinobi life is the easiest way to do that, but it's very inconvenient that there's so much other stuff that gets in the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!    Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell random shit about your character(s) thread!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2