Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clans and Non-Clan discussion

Go down 
+5
Sakurai Akira
Green Admin
Chikamatsu no Mukade
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 1:07

This is very true Akira. Though most of the weirder stuff like Sasori's puppet body can simply be explained as the "magical" of Chakra use. Its basically quazi scientific/spiritual magic after all. Orochimaru (or maybe it was Kabuto... one of the two) does say that chakra is like the colour spectrum, there is an almost infinite number of possibilities, depending on how its approached and used.

And while it's likely Kishi does make a lot of stuff up as he goes. it is also amazing when you notice those little tiny things that he's been keeping in mind through hundreds of chapters. For example; most of us probably assumed that when Orochimaru swapped bodies, his arms where as good as new. BUT you'll notice that he never once uses hand seals until he manages to get the arms of his soul out of the shinigami's stomach. there by stating that while his flesh may have been replaced, he's NEVER be able to use proper seals again, without the arms of his soul.
Other people may have noticed this, but it really blew my mind when I realised it for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 4:23

I never liked those advanced release stuff as kekkei genkai(as in, genetic). Personally, I find them more acceptable as "secret art" like Nara clan that they developed such techniques through themselves and thus become the selling point of said clan. I don't really see how genetic can affect their ability to combine two elements but that's just me. I always assume it's kekkei genkai because Kishi just brand anything special (and non-Konoha, as there're "secret art" clans in Konoha but there doesn't seem to be much of them outside Konoha as shown in the canon Naruto) as kekkei genkai anyway, it's easier that way for him(simplicity) and the reader(they can go "Ah, it's special" the second they know it's kekkei genkai).

I am a big fan of elemental jutsu but it's rare that I get to play with advanced release, so too bad on that.

@Sakurai
Fantasy world's genetics probably support those things. There's tons of half-human species in fantasy world so humans with gills can be genetic. Probably the same for the other things except maybe souls transferred to puppet bodies, I would prefer "secret art" for that.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 4:33

Ah, sensical me was going by real world genetics and reason. For shame.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 10:02

Quote :
. He uses Lava Release only because he's able to draw it from his 4 tails Son Goku, who uses lava.
You mean how Gaara used Sand through Shikaku? Seems to me like Son Goku was probably passed down the lineage giving the clan the ability or the other way around just like with Shikaku and the Sabaku.
Quote :
I've never noticed any suggestion that she gained her multiple gekkei genkai through any means other then naturally.
I don't see how you can be naturally be born with 2 kekkei genkai
Quote :
He was born with it when none of his ancestors
If Kekkei Genkai start somewhere it's probably with bitching awesome shinobi, and Hashi was one of em.
Quote :
Also, there's Ice Release. We saw that being used by not just the Yuki clan, But also Shinobi from the Land of Snow
Yeah that's from a movie and I take the fluff from those with a HEAVY dose of salt, remember the Zero Tails? Complete fuck over of the fluff.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 15:03

Green admin wrote:
You mean how Gaara used Sand through Shikaku? Seems to me like Son Goku was probably passed down the lineage giving the clan the ability or the other way around just like with Shikaku and the Sabaku.
Kiiiinda. it's always been my unproven head cannon that the Shikaku had "Sand Release" and it was because of that, that Garra was able to use sand. And he continued to be able to use sand long after because his body simply became so use to using that chakru transformation that he could do it without shikaku. I guess its possible the same thing happened to his father, I'm not really familiar with how Golden sand works. But I know it didn't do that with the Iron sand guy, since that was a manipulation of magnetism.

Green admin wrote:
I don't see how you can be naturally be born with 2 kekkei genkai
.. Why not? I see no reason why you couldn't. Advanced nature kekkei genkai are simply the ability to combine chakra, why would a body not be able to do multiple of that? sure it would likely be rare, since they're all rare anyway, But there's no reason it's a biological impossibility. Even if you're talking about conventional Kekkei genaki, all you'd need is a parent from both clans to make babies. If you had say a Kaguya fall in love with a Uchiha, (ignoring the political problems) the child may possess the kekkei genkai of both clans. there is also a chance they'd gain just one. Just depends on how much genes they take from their mother or father.
This MAY be different for if a hyuga and a uchiha tried it however. since both of their kekkei genkai effect the same organ. I have no idea what would happen in this case, weather just one would be chosen, or you'd get eyes capable of the abilities of both doujutsu, or you'd simply get messed up eyes that didn't work properly.

Green Admin wrote:
If Kekkei Genkai start somewhere it's probably with bitching awesome shinobi, and Hashi was one of em.
EXACTLY! that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying! although the awesomeness is mostly because of the new kekkei genkai, not the other way around. There is no reason that a yamanaka couldn't randomly gain the mutation necessary to create Ice chakra similar to the Yuki clan, simply because getting Ice is so simple, it happens when you combine water with air, and there are only SO many possible chakra combinations.

Green Admin wrote:
Yeah that's from a movie and I take the fluff from those with a HEAVY dose of salt, remember the Zero Tails? Complete fuck over of the fluff.

While I DO agree that movies shouldn't be taken as seriously as the manga, that's still no reason to disregard them, In my mind it goes like this:
1: Manga
2: Anime
3: Anime filler arcs
4: Movies
5: Video Games

Too me, everything goes into this list, they can ALL be thought of as cannon unless two contradict one another (for example, both claim a different date for the age of a character, or how a specific jutsu works) If a movies ideas or character's are NOT contradicted by anything above it, then I view them as cannon. So... WHY NOT? why is the idea of the Zero Tails so crazy? I mean obviously the name "Zero Tails" is a name given to it by humans, there is clearly no direct connection between it and the great 9 that came from the 10 tails, but that's no reason to ignore it. I mean, SURELY there are other demons out there then the 10 tails, though the 10 tails is likely the greatest of all of them. There's also Mōryō.

These can all be considered universe expansions. I mean NO real starwars fan is going to only look to the movies for cannon, there is Novels, endless comics, video games, TV shows and so much that creates a massive and fascinating universe and history that you'd be a fool to only use the movies for you guidance.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 15:38

For the double kekkei genkai, I did a google search when writing the Tenshu house to tackle the hybrid issue. I always thought it depends on which kekkei genkai gene is more dominant if there's a cross-breed but no. Someone asked Kishi, "what if an Uchiha and a Hyuuga have a baby?" and Kishi answered that the baby will possess a Sharingan eye and a Byuugan eye. So, it's likely a yes on Kishiverse in terms of natural double kekkei genkai.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 15:49

Tenshu Ryochoku wrote:
For the double kekkei genkai, I did a google search when writing the Tenshu house to tackle the hybrid issue. I always thought it depends on which kekkei genkai gene is more dominant if there's a cross-breed but no. Someone asked Kishi, "what if an Uchiha and a Hyuuga have a baby?" and Kishi answered that the baby will possess a Sharingan eye and a Byuugan eye. So, it's likely a yes on Kishiverse in terms of natural double kekkei genkai.
I see.. that's very interesting, and surprising. This'd probably mean some draw backs for if they tried to use the mongekyou, but other then that it sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 22:05

Heh, wanna know what my list looks like?

1: Manga

Pretty profound, isn't it?

I consider all other stuff things that never actually happened and so, do not exist.
I have an especial dislike for fillers. I skipped the Naruto fillers and went straight to watching Shippuden. Then after the first-after-timeskip-confrontation-with-Sasuke arc came the first Shippuden fillers... and I almost puked at its stupidity. Someone else that can semi-transform into ninetails? What. The. Fuck.

The only fillers I could tolerate... even though it dragged on for so long... was the three-tails filler arc. And that's only because Deidara showed up every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 22:22

Tenshu Ryochoku wrote:
Someone asked Kishi, "what if an Uchiha and a Hyuuga have a baby?" and Kishi answered that the baby will possess a Sharingan eye and a Byuugan eye. So, it's likely a yes on Kishiverse in terms of natural double kekkei genkai.

That's very interesting. And more supporting evidence of Kishimoto's blatant dismissal of real world genetics and reason. lol!"It happens because I say it does. The end."

In my eyes, what kind of eyes the child would get would depend on how the eyes are inherited.

Are the genes responsible for sharingan and byakugan eyes dominant or recessive? If they are recessives, it would not be possible for an Uchiha-Hyuuga love child to possess both eyes. If one of them is dominant, it would triumph over the other. If both are dominant, I'm not sure which one would prevail. Maybe it'd look something like this? I don't think Kishi's above it, lol.

Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 Z

And all this would only be applicable if there was only one gene that determined what kind of eyes the kid would have. What if there is an entire cluster of genes responsible for the eyes? So many variables...

*(Ps. Hina, could you chime in here? I think of all forum peeps you have the best understanding of genetics)
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 23:04

Hehe. Fun thing, actually, I was about to "chime in" even before I read your question. ^^

Well, there are different types of dominancy. It's a bit more complex than "Well, this is recessive, giving it a 25% chance of appearing, that one's dominant, so 75%." It depends on what kind of dominancy it is, how many "sets of chromosomes" the are (haploid, diploid, polyploid or even the haplodiploidy of bees for example) and how many alleles there are (i.e. not just "black" or "white", but alleles for "red" as well. For example the three alleles of human blood (I^0, I^A and I^B).

So, hmm.. if we translate this to the Sharingan/Byakuugan-hypothesis.

I don't know if this is complete dominance. I mean, everybody has those eyes, right? All the Hyuuga and Uchiha have weird eyes. I don't know how, but they could have "bred out" all the people who didn't have weird eyes? So, let's say not everybody had those eyes in the beginning, and it's a recessive trait (humans are diploid, so for someone to have the sharingan would require for them to have 2 recessive sharingan-alleles), then they simply didn't allow the people without sharingan to have children. Same stuff happens to dogs. Then sharingan is a recessive trait, that everybody has.
If it's a dominant allele... that could mean complete dominance. But then only about 75% of the people would have sharingan. (This is under Hardy-Weinberg conditions, which there aren't. So I guess that by selective breeding and higher fitness (you become more powerful and successful as a shinobi WITH sharingan) there could be a higher percentage of Uchiha with sharingan.) Are there any cases known of Hyuuga or Uchiha known without the eyes?

But if we now mix a Hyuuga with an Uchiha. Damn, this is hard. Because it's such a hypothetical (and maybe even impossible) idea. But very interesting to think about!

Let's see.. Daddy has RR, mommy has WW. Baby has RW. So I guess Kishimoto's right if he says that all the children will be byaringan users.

So, I guess that answers the question.

FUN-TIME!
If we now let a byaringan breed with a sharingan/byakuugan!
RW x RR
RR = 50%
RW = 50%

Byaringan x byakuugan
RW x WW
WW = 50%
RW = 50%

So children of byaringans have a 50% chance of having byaringans themselves. But what would happen if byaringans mated with non-freaky-eyed people..?

Okay, where are the Uchiha and Hyuuga on this forum? Hina wants to do some (maybe dubially ethically) breeding experiments with them! Please line up and sign up! You get to have sex for science!

---
Re-read this whole thing. And, wow. Sorry guys. I guess I kinda derailed from "nice teacher who explains genetics" to "mad scientist wants to experiment on people". So.. If that made you uncomfortable. Sorry 'bout that.
Hopefully it was interesting and educating though!

Also, here is a link to Wikipedia Genetics. That part about different dominances is accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominance_(genetics)
And, what the..! Byaringan is already a word?! T.T

Last edited by Chikamatsu no Hina on Wed 31 Jul - 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Jul - 23:16

Awesome reply Hina! :DOh, you mad scientist you!

And I still think Kishi doesn't know jackshit about genetics, hahahah! He made a right assumption by chance. I doubt he could back his answer up with an explanation.

Ps. Kishi only made the right assumption IF the eyes are completely dominant under the Hardy-Weinberg rule you talked about, right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 0:28

Thanks for all your input guys.
Let's see....

Konoha ANBU ROOT
Kiri ANBU DEEP (used to side with the Raiga Faction but just like them got defeated and is currently disbanded)
Suna ANBU HEAT
Iwa ANBU SOIL
Kumo ANBU (doesn't have an independent Black Ops Unit, too communist for that.)

----------------------------------------------

About the Tsuchikage and Lava and Dust.
I do believe this discussion was about this game more and less the series as they are.
And well in such a case, there where there are question-marks to be filled in, you fill them in
to best suit the game.

So far all characters using an advanced chakra type had it as a kekei genkai, aka genetic or bloodline limit. Even Hashirama, although he was the first to use wood chakra manipulation as far as we know, only the people who were injected with his genes were able to perform the same features, showing that even that was a genetic ability and not simply something he learned.

Gaara being able to use sand might have come from the shukaku, but his father didn't just use golden dust, but also used sand I believe. And he never had the Shukaku inside of him.
Then we have Haku, who is also labeled as a Kekei Genkai, and Kimmimaro, of whom we see that there was a whole clan sharing his genetic traits.

Then we see the Uzumaki, who, although they don't possess a special element also have a genetic trait of regeneration and highly chakra blood.

Thanks to Orochimaru and his experiments with the cursed seal mark we have also discovered that these genetic abilities can be taken from someone and implanted into another person to activate under certain conditions or be active always, off-course he always added his own twist to it.
Thanks to Kabuto we know it is possible to host over 7 genetic traits as such.
But this is actually a big theme on this forum as well, bloodline-hunting Groups of people who hunt shinobi with Kekei Genkai and steal them, or otherwise hunt Hiden Clan members to torture the clan secrets out of them.

But...back to why Lava...and Tsuchikage. Although it doesn't really matter seeing as in the timeline of this forum he is long dead.
But yeah. His family line all seem to be able to utilize this lava element....and thus far I see no proof anywhere against the fact that he wouldn't be able to use it given the fact they inherited his genes.
His Dust release is an advanced chakra release they call Kekei Tota, which translates to, Bloodline Expansion....the last word is very critical to understanding it's meaning.
Kekei Genkai = Bloodline Limit = Something that is limited to those that possess this bloodline
Kekei Tota = Bloodline Expansion = Something that is an upgrade or an expansion of an existing bloodline. Otherwise why call it expansion?

Hence why on here we decided to let it function like this so far, but this is not set in stone yet, hence this discussion ;

Wind + Earth = Sand = Sabaku >>>>>> + ???? (@ start) = Metal Release (Not magnetism, I'll get to that later)

Wind + Water = Ice = Yuki >>>>>>>> + ??? (@ start) = Crystal Release

Fire + Earth = Lava = Tsuchikage's Clan >>>>>>>> + Wind (@start) = Dust Release

Water + Lightning = Storm = Darui's Clan >>>>>>> + Fire (@ Start) = Black Lightning

Fire + Water = Boil = Mizukage's Clan >>>>>>> + ??? (@ Start) = ???

and so on....

And yes I am glad you agree, I was planning on putting the Sakon and Ukon Clan in Kumo as it seems to fit there the best. And for the purpose of balance of the insect Clans...since the Kamizuru are specified to be from Iwagakure...the Reigumo Clan, or well whatever we'll call Kidomaru's Clan will go to Kumogakure as well....seeing his skin-tone also somehow seems to fit.

So let's see...

Kiri...

Kaguya, Hoozuki, Terumi,Yuki, Mist Swordsmen

Suna...

Sabaku, Chikamatsu, Nukumi, Sensu,

Iwa...

Torimenshi, Lava release, Bakuton, Kamizuru,

Kumo...

Storm release, Reigumo, Sakon&Ukon , Lightning Tag-Team Clan, Magnet Release

-------------------------------------

As for the other stuff, well the Yashin temples and cults still exist, you could join them...and there is plenty of special artifacts and weapons to be found. The limits to the power you could achieve are none. Same goes for what you'd be able to do...no limits. Just the bigger the request the harder the road to achieve it. Unless you can think of a clever shortcut.

Hmmmmz....opinions? Ideas?

And as to why Lava release goes to Iwa, it's because they have the most people shown using it as even non important characters utilize this chakra nature...as in Kiri only the Mizukage does so...and in Kumo only Dodai....and both Kiri and Kumo have been shown to be bloodline hunters, where as Kiri also has a Byakugan and Kumo attempted to capture one as well in the past. So it is not uncommon for both those villages to do such a thing.

--------------------------------

Ohw yes and on the differance between metal release and magnetism release...at least on here it was decide to work as followed.

What the Kazekage showed was Metal release, he controls metal objects much in the dame fashion as Gaara controls his sand, shaping, molding and directing it. We've seen him miss his target plenty a time though nor do the metal objects he forms seem to fall apart on impact or when the target changes etc.

The ability the guy from Kumo uses is the magnet release, where his chakra nature allows him to magnitize objects and create points of magnetic attraction and repulsion, this ability unlike the one shown by the Kazekage would not allow him to create and shape weapons out of metal at will, or it might but would make it a lot harder and less efficient. But unlike with the Kazekage's abilities, this guys will probably miss a lot less if miss at all if he manages to cleverly magnetism his opponent and/or the field.

I see a good deal of difference between the two approaches, enough to make them different natures.

------------------------------------

carry on the good debate.
Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 1:19

In regards to Hina's Bio lesson:

Fair enough Mister Admin, I can stand behind you on most of this! though...
Admin wrote:
His Dust release is an advanced chakra release they call Kekei Tota, which translates to, Bloodline Expansion....the last word is very critical to understanding it's meaning.
Kekei Genkai = Bloodline Limit = Something that is limited to those that possess this bloodline
Kekei Tota = Bloodline Expansion = Something that is an upgrade or an expansion of an existing bloodline. Otherwise why call it expansion?
... I'm pretty sure it translates to "Bloodline Selection" Though I'm not sure how relevant this is.

As for Kekkei tota, will a person be able to start off with them, or will they HAVE to learn them later on? and would having a kekkei tota take up Merit slots? Also, Would a person with a kekkei tota be genetically different to the other people in their clan? or just simply better trained/more skilled?

suggestions:
Wind + Earth = Sand = Sabaku >>>>>> + Lightning maybe (@ start) = Metal Release (Not magnetism, I'll get to that later)

Wind + Water = Ice = Yuki >>>>>>>> + Definitely earth (@ start) = Crystal Release

Those clan village lists all look sweet to me!

I'm pretty sure that the Kazegage puppet did specifically manipulate Magnetism, that's why it was iron SAND.

I have a concept for a unique advanced Chakra nature that I would like to base a character around, that could be either a kekkei genkai, or more likely a kekkei tota. Would this be a good place to ask about it?

I don't know from where or why you're getting your ideas that the 3rd kazekage uses "metal release", its clearly named repeatedly by working via the manipulation from magnetism. Just look at this scene:

Last edited by Chikamatsu no Mukade on Thu 1 Aug - 4:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 2:20

Madara called the Lava Release a Kekkei Genkai so that pretty much closes that department.

On the kazakage magnetism I don't see how it being sand of Iron has to make it magnetism since controlling normal sand has nothing to do with magnetism. I think he called it magnetism to throw people ofcourse on how his jutsu works (being a ninja) or people called it magnetism out of ignorance and he rolled with it for the same reason. Magnetism would work far more like how Pain's Almighty Push/Pull jutsu worked. Creating magnetic fields simply cannot make Iron sand form into formations strong enough to cut people with
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 4:18

exactly what Green just said, and that's why we made the third Kazekage's Iron Sand and well, his form of manipulating metal in general the Metal Release as opposed to magnetism release.

Just like with water release a shinobi can manipulate water (he doesn't use earth and wind to do this...which are alternate forces that could influence the motion of water...), not using outside forces to do so but rather manipulating the water directly on it's own.

Sand release works in the same way, giving the user the power to manipulate the sand itself rather than the wind and then by use of the wind bring the sand in motion, no no, the sand release gives one the power over the Sand itself.

Same with metal release, rather than manipulating magnetism, which is a force that can affect the motion and reaction of metals, the user manipulates the metal itself, directly, without the need of outside forces, which allows him to shape and bend it as he wishes, and with such abilities, iron sand, thus tiny metal bits would become the best kind of weapon for him/her.

Magnetism release in the same fashion then following the same line of logic would give the user control over the forces of magnetism itself, rather than metal, for magnetism can affect far more than just metal. Toroi from Kumogakure would magnetize special shuriken. When the thrown shuriken comes into contact with any other object, it causes the struck target to become magnetized. One hit to the body will cause a magnetic field within the said body, making it an easy target for any further magnetized weapons to be drawn to it. However, each time the magnetism is transferred, it weakens...that's how he uses it, which to me seems very different from the way the Kazekage's used it.

since I don't believe the two uses have in any way been directly connected as being the same release in the manga or the anime, I believe it's safe to assume they are separate releases and leave them as such, would make things far more logical and balanced game wise too I believe.

--------------------------

For the Kekei Tota....they would have to learn it, as Oonoki learned it from Muu.
But they do have to pick the 3 specific affinities at start and be from that one Kekei Genkai or possess a distant relation to one. And the keys to these releases are secret and thus considered Hiden much like the Aburame techniques and so on. So it's pretty hard to get one, but they are worth the effort definitely.

For Metal Release I was thinking lighting too.

For Crystal release....Earth sounds like the best idea indeed, thanks.

And yes this would be the place to ask about that idea of yours
Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 4:42

Thanks, I'll ask about my idea here very soon. but first I'd like to point out I placed a video in my last message showing the 3rd's powers CLEARLY labeled and explained as Magnet release. And it just makes sense! I mean... The puppet uses the iron sand as a stored weapon, it doesn't create it, which is something all other natures do. Chukra natures create and manipulate their element, we never see metal being created, only magnetism. It seems clear to me that BOTH those characters use the exact same chakra release, they simply use it differently.

I also disagree with your assessment on how kekkei tota work... but I'm willing to ignore it for now... I just don't want to get into too many tangents... and I do kinda like the way this works purely for gameplay reasons

Last edited by Chikamatsu no Mukade on Thu 1 Aug - 5:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 5:18

All this is directed at Admin, but if anyone else has their 2 cents please feel free

As for my idea... I would like to create a character who uses the advanced chakra nature of "Flesh release" The idea behind this is it simply creates and manipulates flesh, similar to Hashirama's use of wood, though this is most effective when manipulating the user's own flesh. Like any chakra nature it would be open to a variety of uses.

In appearance, using it would probably look a lot like this:
How flesh release might look:

Basically I've been running through several ideas on how it would work. I have 3 basic concepts which I will explain, and you could please tell me what you think?

Idea # one:

Idea # two:

Idea # Three (Latest idea):

Personally I like Idea 3 the most, I think it has a lot of potential, not only for me, but also for other players if they wanted to try similar things, AND its another clan for you to play with.
Blood Release beyond what I already said may have a lot of similarities with classic Blood magic, the whole High Risk High Reword kind of thing where you could use your own life force to power your abilities. They could also have hiden techniques involving special fuuinjutsu that take advantage of the use of blood.

I'm happy to help in any way I can to make this a reality. but beyond that What do you think? Which of these ideas (if any I guess) look the best? and does this idea have any potential in your mind? also, If you have different ideas, or modifications on these presented ones I'd love to hear it.

Last edited by Chikamatsu no Mukade on Sat 3 Aug - 1:17; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 7:11

Sakurai Akira wrote:
Awesome reply Hina! :DOh, you mad scientist you!

And I still think Kishi doesn't know jackshit about genetics, hahahah! He made a right assumption by chance. I doubt he could back his answer up with an explanation.

Ps. Kishi only made the right assumption IF the eyes are completely dominant under the Hardy-Weinberg rule you talked about, right?

Kishi probably just think 1+1 = 2 in this case, which turned out to be just fine. Byakugan + normal people though is pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 18:40

Another clan idea:

What about making one based around Utakata's bubble jutsu. It could be a good secret society clan.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug - 19:09

Ah, watched the most recent episode? :p

And I agree, that would make for interesting clan.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug - 9:11

I always thought the bubble thing is just a sub-branch of Suiton? Kind of like Jiraiya's hair jutsus, a set of jutsus but still under general ninjutsu.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug - 11:43

Well, I wasn't thinking of the bubbles when I said it'd make for an interesting clan.

It's more that the vibe I get from Utakata is... relaxed, chill, no worries, 'I'm not gonna go out of my way to do anything pointless' attitude.

The guy's chilling all day, getting high on his water pipe. Now I imagine a whole clan of chillaxed shinobi who bubble bomb anyone that disturbs their peace.

Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEA4bKS8-aotuyF7xicdskGMexqfeCT_0XdkIcF2To8EZmarQxBA

More Utakata, just because.

Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_mac8v5nyci1rckvmto1_500

Huh, actually, the way I make him sound makes it sound like Nomaru would like him a lot, hahah!
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug - 12:47

too bad that his chill out attitude does not fit in Kiri whatsoever, which is the reason he left Kiri in the first place. If there is a clan with such vibe it'll be in Kumo, bunch of communist hippies Razz
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug - 18:24

Well, it can be the chillest clan in Kiri, perhaps abandoned by the country(as in the country don't really care what they do) and has an inferior status compared to other clans. Could make for good roleplay. Although them changing allegiance to Kumo can be cool too.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Mukade

Chikamatsu no Mukade

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug - 0:46

A clan of bubble blowing pot head~! I give my full support to this idea. Very Happy

Also, I have 3 other clan suggestions.

-The first is simply Orochimaru's clan that had been created for the last site. I don't know much about it, but Green Admin told me about it a while back, it sounded really cool. Can't remember what village it was meant to be from though.

-The second is Jugo's clan. Its supposedly a mystery where they're from (though the Origin of their power has to do with the Ryūchi Cave) But we could say they gain allegiance to a specific village and live near them, or they just simply went and joined a village.

-The third idea actually came from a friend of mine. a clan who developed a secret art of taking a string-less bow, then creating a string of chakra that can be easily controlled to manipulate the force of the arrow, and then probably also be able to create and launch arrows made of chakra. a good long range specialist clan.
an interesting added feature to them could be a doujutsu that allows telescopic vision.

Also, this is a question I was just wondering. What if you wanted to create a character who was either not from a village, or was from a much smaller village that wasn't one of the main 5. like the Rain or sound village?

Ohh, that reminds me, a clan that uses Konan's Paper origami fighting style as a hiden technique would be cool. Though in my head cannon she'd always invented that herself... Maybe she taught it to other people and they made a clan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clans and Non-Clan discussion   Clans and Non-Clan discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clans and Non-Clan discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next